Thursday 1 February 2018

Welcome Baby

This old blog hasn't had much on it lately, I'm sorry to say!  I'm just not feeling it at the moment and making a card has been hard work for the last few months.  I'm hoping my mojo comes back soon, because I want to enjoy this hobby again!  In the meantime, I'm keeping my hand in with my DT commitments and today it's the turn of Freshly Made Sketches, where Cecile has a very versatile sketch for us.


I decided to make a baby card - not that I need one, but it's there for when I do 😃


I used the Rectangle Peek-a-Boo die for the "frame" part of the sketch and created a shaker for the centre part.  On a white card base, I masked off the edges and blended some Distress Oxide inks into the centre, before dropping on some Perfect Pearls mist.  I then set that aside and went to work on the top panel.

First, I die-cut the rectangle opening and also the stitched edges.  The "baby" is from a Ranger Letter-It set and I double-embosed it with Denim EP onto a white panel.  The "welcome" is from a PTI set and I white embossed that onto a strip of black cardstock.

I added acetate behind the window and then foam tape all around.  I dropped some sequins onto the card base then added the front panel and called it done!

  
Thanks so much for visiting!  The design team have some wonderful cards using this sketch, so I hope you go check them out.

And, thanks to my friend Barb for reminding me, I'm adding this to the gallery at Addicted to CAS who are looking for ombre this challenge.




Products used:

Stamps:  Letter-It Baby (Ranger), Boutique Borders Baby (PTI)
Ink:  Versamark, Broken China, Faded Jeans Distress Oxide
Cardstock:  White, black
Dies:  Rectangle Peek-a-Boo Window, Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Denim EP (Zing), White EP (Hero Arts), Sequins

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, we all need to give our creative brain a time-out! You've made a beautiful card today, Baby!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

I agree with Michele! I also have to say that from where I sit, your mojo hasn't deserted you at all :)
This is such a darling baby card, and I love your shaker component! Love the ombre effect you created inside the aperture and your over-sized sentiment! If you are interested, you're welcome to add it to the gallery at ATCAS:
https://addictedtocas.blogspot.com/2018/01/addicted-to-cas-challenge-128-ombre.html

Amy O said...

I love how you made a shaker card with this sketch! And that background in the shaker is gorgeous. I never would have guessed that you've been struggling creatively lately. I hope it soon becomes fun again for you! Hang in there!

Linda Callahan said...

Your mojo is fine girl! This is so pretty! I used that die and thought wow I need to make a bunny shaker card......and then I thought....nahhhhh.....I am so lazy....lol....

Kara Lynne said...

Sometimes life just shifts us around a little. It's all good to take a break. I took all of last summer off and I don't regret it at all! Your baby shaker is darling! I like making baby cards too, but now I have so many because I need so few!

Jen Brum said...

Oh wow! This is just perfect for a baby card! I love the background and that stitched frame! Gorgeous! Plus that giant sentiment! So fun!

Stampingcountry said...

What a fun Shaker Card to celebrate a new baby!

Susan said...

Perfect shaker card for the new baby. Beautiful Ombre background! Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

Sherry Espinoza said...

This was one of my favorites for this challenge. Such great colors!

Cécile RIBON said...

I'm totally in love with your Baby Card, Karren! It's both simple and brilliant! And so elegant too!

Jen Mitchell said...

I do love a good shaker card so it's a no-brainer that I love this! I think I might have to CASE this because I'm in need of some baby cards!