Thursday 25 January 2018

Silver Celebration

Hi and welcome to Freshly Made Sketches, where we have another fabulous sketch for you.  This week our hostess is Jen Brum and her sketch made me swoon - check it out:


Now before we go any further, I'd like to tell my mum to close her email and not scroll any further because this card is her birthday card...  So, step away from the computer, Mum😅


This card uses new and old products from MFT Stamps and I had some fun with some Perfect Pearls on the background stamps.  I've had the Perfect Pearl color for years and years, but have just ventured into some other colors.  This color is Confetti White and it's so pretty.  I inked up the Marble Background stamp with Perfect Medium ink and then brushed on the Perfect Pearls powder.  Once it was covered sufficiently, I brushed off the excess and lightly spritzed the panel with water to set the powder.  I then die-cut it with a stitched die and adhered it to a white card base.

I die-cut some rolled roses from white cardstock and made them up before then die-cutting some layered leaves from silver foil.  The word die is also cut from the same foil.  The rest of the sentiment came from the Uncorked stamp set and I did a bit of surgery to just get the words I wanted.  That was cut using a stitched fishtail flag banner and a thin strip of the new Black & White Stripes paper was adhered along the bottom.  I love, love, love that MFT now has a pad of just black and white striped paper as that was all I used from the Neutrals pack 😊


Finally, I arranged everything on the card front and glued it down using Multi Medium Matte.  I finished with some Sparkling Clear Confetti.

Here's another view of the front so you can hopefully see the gorgeous shimmer from the Perfect Pearls.


Thanks so much for visiting, and Mum, if you've read this far then you have as much willpower as I do! 

I'm linking this up to the new Birthday Project challenge at MFT stamps and the Anything Goes theme at Seize the Birthday 


Products used:

Stamps:  Marble Background, Uncorked (MFT)
Ink:  Perfect Medium, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Silver, Black & White Stripes (MFT)
Dies:  Celebrate, Stitched Rectangle Stax, Stitched Fishtail Flags, Layered Leaves, Mini Rolled Roses (MFT)
Accessories:  Confetti White Perfect Pearls, Sparkling Clear Confetti

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Seize the Birthday.

13 comments:

Jen Timko said...

Special, elegant, extraordinary.....nope, still not enough to describe this. A true treasure for your mom!! I'm in awe!

I Card Everyone said...

OH so fantastic!!! Truly a card to celebrate ANY occasion, but perfect for a silver anniversary!
The black/white stripe from MFT really needs to come live with me, too! But then how could I not want that marble-ous background stamp as well?
=]

Amy O said...

Such a WOW card! I love all of the shimmer and shine, and those perfect little roses are amazing.

Susanne Vargas said...

Your mother will love this elegant, festive card, I just know it! How could she not? It looks spectacular with the shimmery background, the pretty roses, and the touches of silver! Love it!

Linda Callahan said...

So glam....so elegant.....so gorgeous....and I bet your mom peeked!

Jen Brum said...

So do you think your mum listened?! This card is just gorgeous!!! I mean, so gorgeous! All that silver and those little leaves and the sweet flowers! Wow. Your mum is going to love it!!!

Cara said...

This looks beautiful, love that marbled background x

Kara Lynne said...

She didn't peek, did she? Oh, how could she resist, this is so gorgeous! What could be more elegant than swirls of Perfect Pearls! I love the silver and roses combination! Wonderful card, Karren!

shirley-bee said...

Ooh, this is so elegant! Would make a fab wedding card too. Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

Jen Mitchell said...

WOW!!! Your Mum is so lucky to get this for her birthday. Did she read the post all the way through, I wonder? A long time ago, in a universe far, far away I used Perfect Pearls. The jist of it was that I stamped a background in white pigment then dusted the Perfect Pearls over it with a stipple brush to get a lovely irridescent look. To set it, I spritzed it with hairspray! That was a card I made at a Stampin' Up! workshop I attended many years ago. Incidentally the card was for Mother's Day so maybe Perfect Pearls and mothers go together???

Barb Ghig said...

Gasp! This is such an elegant and stunning creation, Karren! I love the effect of the Perfect Pearls on the marble background and your white roses are the perfect touch with your silver leaves and sentiment...WOW! As always, you've done an amazing job pairing all of these MFT goodies...you've done them proud!!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Um....total wow card and one of the most elegant cards I have ever seen! It is truly beautiful!!!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! What an elegant take on the sketch, Karren! The touches of silver and the gorgeous roses on this almost all white card look fabulous! This is definitely a special card for someone special!