Thursday 7 December 2017

Wishing You Joy

Hi all and welcome!  Man, isn't it a busy time of year?  I am so ready for a couple of weeks off work at Christmas.  In the meantime, we have another fabulous sketch for you over at Freshly Made Sketches.  And this week, our hostess is the super-clever and talented Jennifer Timko.  And here is her gorgeous sketch.


Oh, I do love me a sketch with a big open space like this!  Had time permitted, I would have created a Copic-colored scene, but alas, I haven't had time to do any coloring for the last couple of weeks - maybe this weekend, fingers crossed.  I went to my second-favorite way to use up a wide open space - ink blending:


I took a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock and blended on Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron inks.  Once I'd finished, I flicked on some water and set it aside to dry.  On my card base, I stamped MFT's diagonal stripes background stamp in Versafine Onyx Black ink and worked on my sentiment.  The 'joy' was die-cut from toner paper and run through my Minc Mini with silver foil.  The rest of the sentiment was white-embossed onto black and die-cut with a slanted sentiment strip.


By this time, my ink-blended panel was dry, so I white-embossed some snowflakes before die-cutting it with a stitched rectangle stax die.  The panel was adhered to the card base with some fun foam in between and I finished by gluing down the sentiment.

Thanks for visiting.  The design team have put this fabulous sketch to good use - so head on over and check out the gorgeous cards.

I'm linking this card to the Anything Goes challenges at Southern Girls; HLS Christmas Challenge and Muse Christmas Challenge.

Muse: ChristmasVisions


Southern Girls Challenge



Products used:

Stamps:  Diagonal Stripes BG (MFT), Lots of Snowflakes (SSS), Joy Stamp & Cut (Hero Arts)
Ink:  Versamark, Cracked Pistachio, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Inks
Cardstock:  White, Black, Bristol Smooth, Toner Paper
Dies:  Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT), Joy (MFT), Slanted Sentiment Strips (MFT)
Accessories:  White EP, Silver Foil, Minc Mini, White EP

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Southern Girls.

13 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Wonderful - the colors with the black and white, the silver die cut! Love this card!

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous blending, Karren ... you excel at adding color in so many ways!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous ink blending, Karren! I love your color palette and the lovely smooth blend between colors...so pretty! I also love your foiled die cut sentiment...it works perfectly with your background! Stunning take on the sketch!

Linda Callahan said...

Embossing, ink blending and minc-ing......oh my! Beautiful! I love what you did with that wide open space!

Cara said...

I love your beautiful blending and those delicate snowflakes, just stunning x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh that is delish! I absolutely LOVE that gorgeous ink combo. So beautiful and zingy and gorgeous! What a gorgeous and elegant card. So lovely to see your entry pop up in our Southern Girls challenge today. Fabulous creation! Hugs, Wends xoxo SGC DT

Ardyth said...

Love these colours - so fresh! Thanks for joining us at MCV!

Jen Brum said...

This card is just gorgeous! I love that background! It's just beautiful and those snowflakes are so pretty!! You are just so creative my friend!

Jen Mitchell said...

Love the contrast between the sponged background and the stripes around the edges. The two are perfect to show off the snowflakes!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I'm booking a flight and getting you to teach me how to create your amazing backgrounds! I LOVE everything about this card!

Jen Timko said...

These colors are simply spectacular!! What a wow card!!

Nonni said...

So beautiful! I love the non-traditional color palette and your ink blending is spectacular! Thanks for joining us at HLS December Christmas challenge!

Linda said...

Sorry for the late visit. Your card is beautiful, I love the perfectly blended colours and the foiled sentiment. Thank you for playing along with the HLS Christmas Challenge xx