Thursday 23 November 2017

Hellebores

Hi!  It's time for another challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches and this week my Aussie mate, Narelle Farrugia, is our hostess and she has come up with a fun, multi-layered sketch.


I went off on a sketch-tangent a little bit, but I hope you can still see the sketch in my card.



I have just bought the Hellebore Builder stamp set by WPlus9 and followed Dawn's fabulous video tutorial about lining these images up and stamping many at one time.  I tried lots of different color combos and ended up with a big pile of stamped and die-cut hellebores.  I chose these white ones for today's card and arranged them into a little bouquet, along with some stamped leaves. 

On a white card base I stenciled over more NBUS, Hero Art's Spiral Stencil.  While that was drying, I worked on my sentiment.  The word "Merry" was white embossed onto some Fog cardstock and die-cut with the Slanted Sentiment Strip die and the word "Christmas" from the Christmas Tag die set by WPlus9 was cut from silver foil.


I put all the elements together to come up with this card.  I didn't add any embellishments because I liked the card just as it was 😊

Thanks so much for visiting!  The design team have some fabulous cards using the sketch so I hope you'll check them out.

I'm linking this card up to the CAS challenge at Addicted to Stamps and also the Christmas challenge at Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge.



Products used:

Stamps:  Hellebore Builder (WP9), Christmas (SSS)
Ink:  Unicorn White (Hero Arts), Barely Beige, Fog (SSS), Buttercream, Warm Sunshine, Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades (Altenew), Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Fog, Silver Foil
Dies:  Slanted Sentiment Strips (MFT), Hellebore Builder, Christmas Tag (WP9)
Accessories:  Spiral Stencil (Hero Arts), Embossing Paste, White EP

Cheers
Karren

16 comments:

Kim S said...

Absolutely lovely! That stencil in the background is a beautiful accent!

Linda Callahan said...

This is so elegant! Beautiful card! I love the embossing paste in the background!

Cindy H. said...

Gorgeous card, so elegant!

I Card Everyone said...

It's gone straight to the top of my favorites from you Karren!!! LOve what you've done with the embossing paste - wishing I had two dozen more that I stamped with Bobby's set!
Dear Santa: I've been as good as I can be!!!
=]

Susi said...

Classy & elegant ... a fabulous Christmas card!

Barb Ghig said...

Super gorgeous take on the sketch, Karren! Your blooms are so pretty and I love all the texture you added with the stencil and paste! Beautiful die cut sentiment, too...the silver foil is so elegant!

sandie said...

Karren, this is stunning. The embossing paste looks amazing, and I like your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining HLS

Karen Dunbrook said...

Such a gorgeous card, amazing take on the sketch.
xx Karen

Cara said...

This is so elegant, just stunning x

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful card Karren! I love that stencilled background and those gorgeous flowers! So pretty and perfect for Christmas!

Jen Timko said...

This is pretty much swoon worthy. Stamping a bunch of flowers is pretty brilliant, I must say. The white with the texture is really elegant!

Jen Mitchell said...

I have to say that many years ago I was touring a garden that featured some Hellebores and I was determined to plant some because they are so beautiful. Well, long story short, I didn't so I have to content myself with yours instead! Gorgeous!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is a definite wow card! I am in love with those gorgeous flowers and the embossed background is awesome! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this beauty!

Inkyfingers said...

What a stunning card - I love everything about it. Great job!
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.

Linda said...

Beautifully CAS ..... I love it! Thank you for playing along with the HLS CAS Challenge xx

Nandini said...

Very beautiful card. Love the textured background and the gorgeous blooms. Thank you for joining us at the ATSM challenges. Hope to see you again soon. Nandini, DT