Sunday 8 October 2017

Hoodie

I'm back with my second card for MFT's World Card-making Day's challenges.  This time the challenge is to not use stamps or inks - only dies.

To make this as easy as possible, I looked through my dies for those that could hold up a card on their own and came across the Zipper die that I bought when it was retiring and hadn't ever used.


Yes, don't look too closely at this card or you'll see that the zipper isn't straight down the card front.  Doh!  By the time I realised, I was too far through the card - another one of those mojo-less times I was referring to in my last post!

Anywas, I made the card using some soft grey cardstock as the base, a white tee under the hoodie using a stitched circle die, silver foil paper for the zipper and star hanging off it, and some striped patterned paper for the hoodie fabric.

The die-cut sentiment is stacked three high and spritzed with Glitter Spray before being adhered to the card.


I'm going to link this up to Crazy 4 Challenges, who are looking for a card and Southern Girls Challenge who are looking for stripes.

Thanks for visiting!




Southern Girls Challenge

Products used:

Cardstock:  White, Soft Stone, Black, Thick & Thin Paper Pack (MFT)
Dies:  Zipper, Cause for Celebration, Blueprints 25, Inside/Out Stitched Circles
Accessories:  Glitter Dust

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Southern Girls Challenge.

5 comments:

Cindy H. said...

This is such a fun and clever card!

Barb Ghig said...

I've never seen this Zipper die, and I love it...It looks so cool in silver and the striped paper looks just like a sweater to me! I love how you included the star, too...Awesome card, Karren!

Cara said...

This looks great and it looks central to me!

Linda Callahan said...

Wowza! I have never seen this die! Fabulous!

Karen Oliver said...

Have to agree thats a very cool die. Great card alll round. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.