Thursday 14 September 2017

Floral Birthday

I'm back with a card for the latest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches and this week our hostess is our talented friend, Amy O'Neill.


I just love this sketch!  So much room for interpretation.  I decided to use the background for a big image and came up with this card:




This image was stamped and colored with Copics and then cut out with my Scan n Cut and adhered to a white square card.  I die-cut a vellum slanted sentiment strip and overlaid that with a silver-embossed black slanted sentiment strip.  The 'you' is die-cut from silver foil cardstock and added with liquid glue.



And that's my card for this week!  Head on over and check out how the rest of the DT have used this sketch and I hope you give it a go yourself!



Products used:

Stamps:  Make a Wish (Clearly Besotted) You Matter (SSS)
Ink:  Intense Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Black, Vellum, Silver Foil
Dies:  Slanted Sentiment Strips (MFT), You (SSS)
Accessories:  Copics, Black Glaze Pen, Silver EP (Ranger), Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Betty said...

beautiful card, Karren - i recently bought this stamp and am in love with it!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful flowers! Very pretty card.....hmmm scan and cut? So much out there I know nothing about!

Jen Timko said...

Striking and oh, so pretty. This Scan n Cut has come up in more than one conversation this week for me. Just stop, ok?!!! ;-) Your shading is just breathtaking.

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is so stunning against all that gorgeous white!

Trina P. said...

Your Copic colouring is so soft and pretty. Love the vellum. Gorgeous card, Karren.

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, this is such a stunning CAS design! LOVE the way you layered the sentiment over vellum!

Barb Ghig said...

Be still, my heart...this is absolutely gorgeous, Karren! I love your soft pink flowers and that you chose silver foil for the die cut sentiment! Such an elegant take on the sketch!
Thanks so much for sharing a pic of your Copics...I really appreciate it! And, I can't wait to play along :)

Hannelie said...

Your coloring is just absolutely beautiful!

Cara said...

Just stunning!

Jen Brum said...

Oh wow Karren! This card is so amazing! Those flowers are just beautiful and your colouring is perfect! Love the silver sentiment! Very pretty!

Amy O said...

Gorgeous coloring, Karren! And I love the little strip of vellum and the touch of silver. Such a pretty card!

Jen Mitchell said...

These florals are so beautiful. I love the touches of silver. I wish I could get silver foil paper to photograph so well. :)