Friday 7 October 2016

Something Fishy

Hi and welcome to another fabulous Fusion!  Check out the new challenge we have for you:



This time I was mostly inspired by the sketch, but I also carried across the bright colors from the photo to come up with this card:


These fish just crack me up!  I have been eyeing up this set for ages now and finally bought it.  I stamped and colored the fish with Copics before die-cutting them and coloring them up with clear Wink of Stella.

For the background, I die-cut the Waves Cover Plate with Hawaiian Shores cardstock and adhered it horizontally across a white card base.  I then die-cut another one from scrap card and used it as a stencil, sponging on Peacock Feathers, Broken China and Cracked Pistachio inks onto a die-cut circle.  I then matched up the "waves" with the bottom layer and adhered the circle down.  The fish are popped up on foam tape.







Thanks for visiting.  Below are links to the rest of the design team - you really should check out their fabulous cards.



Products used:

Stamps:  That Bites (Avery Elle)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio, Broken China Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Hawaiian Shores (PTI)
Dies:  That Bites, Waves (PTI), Wonky Stitched Circles (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Wink of Stella

Cheers
Karren



12 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Those fish are truly hilarious! Love how you created the background!

Dotty Jo said...

I love these crazy guys too! Fabulous card, Jo x

Becca Cruger said...

These fish are so fun and the way you've perfectly lined up that stencil is IM-pressive! Kudos to you!

Aileen said...

Love this card and these fishes. I have to have these fishes, the looks they have, its just perfect. Your colours are so good.

Cécile RIBON said...

Another super fun card! Love those fun monsters! They are so cute even if they show their teeth ! And the background is fabulous!

Barb Ghig said...

These little 'monster fish' are so fun, and I love how you played with the cover plate for the background, Karren! Such a cute card, and great job combining the sketch and photo!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a fun card! Your watery background is so clever!

Karen Davis said...

These fish just make me giggle!! I love the fish colours and the water background is amazing, so original. You will brighten someone's day with this card.

Linda Callahan said...

Well this card makes me smile! Absolutely adorable.....and such happy colors!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Ha! These guys just made me smile! Absolutely perfect colouring!

Lucille K said...

OMG, I love, love, love this cute and crazy fish card. I too have eyed these fun fish for a long time. Going to buy them today, thanks for the inspiration :)

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Karren! I love the bright colors on your fun fishies!