Sunday 10 July 2016

Iris

Today's card was made in about 10 minutes last night, and 10 minute cards just don't happen for me, so I was pleased at the end result in so short a time.

I used Anita's beautiful Muse card as my inspiration, focusing on the ombre shading, the colors and the silhouette flowers.  I am also linking up to Just Us Girls sponging challenge and Addicted to Stamps and More who have an Anything Goes challenge this week.


I have used this layout in the past and I love creating it and I love the effect.  I masked off a panel on a white card base and sponged several distress inks in an ombre fashion.  Once I was happy with the sponging, I stamped the iris image from Penny Black in Archival Black ink.  The sentiment is from SugarPea Designs and the font and sentiment fitted the simplicity of the card.


Thanks for visiting.




Products used:

Stamps:  Allegro (Penny Black), Gift Greetings (SugarPea Designs)
Ink:  Squeezed Lemonade, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, Archival Black
Cardstock:  White

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Muse.

20 comments:

Kathyk said...

FAB make, loving your ombre and choice of image too

Kathyk

Cécile RIBON said...

Nothing but a perfect CAS card !!! Love it so much !

Neets B said...

So glad you were inspired by my card, Karren. And what a beautiful take on it. There's something so beautiful about masked blending which you have demonstrated beautifully, and that sketchy iris stamp sits just perfectly here.
Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous Iris, and gorgeous home for it! xx
=]

Jen W. said...

Karren, this is gorgeous! I love the strip of inking and the way the flower is peeking over the edge.

Margaret said...

Great take on the Muse card - what a lovely CAS card you have created.

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous - love the strip of intense colour and the black going over the edge! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Barb Ghig said...

Really stunning card, Karren! I love how you masked the section on your panel, and your ombre ink blending is just beautiful! Love, love, love that you chose the Iris for your focal point on this card, too! Really pretty take on Anita's card!

Marilyn said...

Stunning card, Karen. Beautiful ink blending.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous blending with your sponging! Thanks for joining in at JUGS~

Rosemary said...

another beautiful card, karren... the ink blending is amazing!

Bobby said...

Your ink blending is wonderful, Karren, and placing that iris partly off the strip is striking. Thanks for sharing your card at ATSM.

Ericka Strange said...

Beautiful card and love the ink blending and the placement of the flowers.So pretty.

Greta said...

That design is one of my favorites & it's time I did it again! Beautiful card, Karren!

Inkyfingers said...

What great inking and I love your beautiful CAS design.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.

Petra Swart said...

Your sponging is fabulous, Karren and how you've stamped the iris to go over the edge of the sponged strip onto the white is so clever and effective!!! The font of the sentiment is just perfect to go with the iris stamp!!!! What a great OL and a fabulous CAS card!!!!
Hugz

Nandini said...

The ombre ink blending is just fabulous. And love the crisp black silhouette stamp. Glad you joined us at ATSM. All the best to you. Nandini, DT

Unknown said...

Karren love your entry...such a great win!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous!

Kim S said...

I hear you on the 10-minute card - it's virtually impossible. But you succeeded, it's amazing - absolutely eye-catching!