Saturday 11 June 2016

Santa's Little Helper

And here's another post from me today!  I really need to get moving on making some Christmas cards.  We're nearly halfway through the year and I have a total of two - including the one you're about to see :)


I made this card for the current Merry Monday challenge to create a Christmas card for a child and I used the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch (sort of).  I'm also entering this into CAS Mix Up's current challenge of stamping, die cuts and one other, which in my case is fussy cutting and acetate.

I stamped and colored this adorable little reindeer from Verve then I fussy cut him out.  I then used the Pierced Rectangle Frame die to create a shaker card.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment directly onto the acetate using Stazon ink.  I was going to use a banner as per the sketch, but I didn't want to cover up the sequins.




Thanks for visiting.






Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Merry Monday.

17 comments:

Aileen said...

Such a cute card, reckon any child seeing this is going to love it. Now you have mentioned it I'm thinking what have I done in christmas cards, nope, none. Seeing this I'm thinking its time to start, cute is inspirational. Love the shaker section.

Loll said...

So adorable Karren!! Love that sweet little guy. And your shaker is just perfect. Great call on leaving off the banner. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Karen Davis said...

Your card is completely gorgeous Karren. A child (and adults) would just love the shaker window. The reindeer is so vibrant and cute.

Susan Joyce said...

Totally awesome Christmas card Karren, love every detail. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday this week.

nancy littrell said...

Adorable childs Christmas card Karren. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, Nancy

Petra Swart said...

Oh, WOW, Karren!!! What an awesome Christmas card!!!! Love the adorable little guy you coloured so perfectly and what a great idea to make a shaker using the CTS sketch!!!! This is one GREAT card - love, love, LOVE it!!!!
Hugz

Fabiola said...

c'est très mignon, jolie idée d'en faire une shaker card, biz

Rosemary said...

so cute, karren... love that perfectly colored little reindeer!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh my, oh my! This one is going straight to my Pinterest board for sure! What a truly fun and fabulous card!

Unknown said...

So adorable! I love the red nose reindeer!

Linda Callahan said...

This just makes me smile! Adorable!

Bonnie said...

Oh, Karren! This is ADORABLE! I love this little guy that you've colored so perfectly and putting him on a shaker card is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing him with us at Merry Monday and CAS Mix Up!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love how you made a shaker card! Super sweet take on the sketch!

Kara Lynne said...

Such a cute Christmas card! I love that little guy sitting in the corner with all that great shimmer from the sequins floating around!

Kim S said...

PERFECT for a kid!! Such a cute image and the shake is so bright and fun!

Jen Carter said...

Oh goodness, this is just too cute!

Olga said...

What a fun shaker card!