Sunday 5 June 2016

Bunny Note

Hi and welcome!  Today's card was made for both the sketch challenge and the color challenge at MFT.  I'm not 100% sure what exact color In the Buff is as I don't have that color, but I googled it and it looks to be a pinky/peachy skin tone so I've matched my Copics to what I think it is.


When Snuggle Bunnies was first released, I loved it but wasn't going to buy it because I didn't "need" it.  Who was I kidding?  I just can't resist the Birdie Brown collection and the newest pig set is right up there on the "must have" list as well :)

I stamped and colored the bunny using kraft tones for his body and peach for his top.  The bear was colored using my interpretation of In the Buff.  I do have Sno Cone cardstock though, so used some of that for the backdrop behind the cut out oval frame.  I also used a snipped of Kraft cardstock to ground the two wee friends.

I wanted more of a generic sentiment than those in the set, so I went with this one from paper Smooches, which covers all occasions.



Thanks for visiting.



Products used:

Stamps:  Snuggle Bunnies (MFT), Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid
Cardstock:  White, Kraft, X-Press It, Sno Cone
Dies:  Snuggle Bunnies, Pierced Oval Stax
Accessories:  Copics, Sequins

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love the soft colours and your layout. I'm a total sucker for all the Birdie Brown images too, Jo x

Aileen said...

Karren, I am so in love with these two characters, they are so cute. Wonderful card and colouring. In Australia if we said 'in the buff' we are referring to someone being totally nude, never thought of it being a colour before, hows that for a share 😄

Rosemary said...

oh your card is just so incredibly sweet, karren!! the coloring is perfection!

I Card Everyone said...

Karren these little friends are so sweet - you've created an adorable scene here, and my heart is filled by it! xx
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Total sweetness! Love your soft coloring.....it is perfect!

Hannelie said...

your coloring. sigh. so beautiful!!!

Kim S said...

So soft and sweet!! The expressions on their faces shows that they are truly caring friends! Love them on the oval cut out with the sprinkling of sparkle around it.

Karen Davis said...

Karren your card is so sweet and beautifully done. I love the soft colours.