Thursday 28 January 2016

Blue Hello

Hi and welcome!  This week, I have the fun of being hostess at Freshly Made Sketches and I came up with what I hope is a simple sketch that you can unleash your creativity on :)


For my card, I wanted to have some fun with the background and do some camouflaged die-cutting.


I sponged Shaded Lilac, Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire onto a panel of watercolor paper, then flicked some water over top.  Once that was dry, I die-cut the large Hello from the panel and also four pieces of white cardstock.  They were then stacked back into the watercolored panel and the panel was adhered to a white card base.

I die-cut a pierced frame and used foam tape to place that on the watercolored piece.  I finished with a few sequins and called it done!


Thanks for visiting!  The rest of the design team have some fabulous cards using my sketch, so be sure to check them out.

Products used:

Ink:  Shaded Lilac, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire
Cardstock:  White, watercolor
Dies:  Big Hello (SSS), Pierced Rectangle Frame (MFT)
Accessories:  Sequins

Cheers
Karren

13 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Totally glam! Love the rich shades of blue.....why can't I do this??? And thanks for the fun sketch this week!

SewPaperPaint said...

Wow! This is so pretty, what a great effect!

Anita in France said...

Love camoflaged die cuts, Karren ... this one's such a stunner ... those ombré blues are just gorgeous! Anita :)

Kim S said...

What a stunning background. I love that the "hello" is clearly there but doesn't take away at all from the background.

Rosemary said...

what a beautiful background... love it!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow, this looks so awesome! The stacked die cut really shows up well against your beautiful background! Camouflage never looked so good!

Amy O said...

Your sponging and water flicking makes such a beautiful card. This camouflage is such a cool effect! Loved working with this sketch, Karren!

Greta said...

Beautiful colors for the background--love this, Karren! Hoping to use your wonderful sketch in time to enter.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love that background. It's amazing. The colour is so rich and elegant and I love those sequins! Gorgeous!

Dana M said...

Gorgeous Karren - definitely a WOW card! Fabulous sketch too.

Narelle Farrugia said...

I love this effect! Your backgrounds are always amazing and so creative! This camouflage sentiment is so cool!

Jen Timko said...

Amazing. Again. Right into the CASE files!

SonjaK said...

Such a beautiful deep blue! Love how this came out.