Thursday 17 December 2015

Poppin' By

Hi and welcome to Freshly Made Sketches.  This is our last challenge of the year and will be open for two weeks.  Linda - hilariously funny and super-talented Linda - is our hostess today and she has a sketch that you will find yourself using over and over again.


I used a new-to-me set from a new-to-me company and my card was heavily inspired by one made by my fellow FMS teamie, Cindy Lovell.  In fact, it was this card of Cindy's that got me ordering this set straight away.  I tried to not copy Cindy slavishly but you can definitely see where I was influenced :)  Thanks, Cindy!


I started with a white card base and over that I adhered a panel of Soft Stone cardstock cut with SugarPea's Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles dies.  I then die-cut a smaller white panel for the center.  

Then I got to playing with the various stamps and dies in the Date Night set.  I colored up the popcorn image using Copics and just played with the arrangement until I was happy with it.  The sentiment is white-embossed onto black cardstock.

I finished off with a few sparkling clear sequins.


Thanks for visiting.  Please check out the rest of the design team and I hope you can take some time over the holiday break to have a play with the sketch.  

Products used:

Stamps:  Date Night (My Creative Time)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It
Dies:  Date Night, Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles (SugarPea)
Accessories:  Copics, white EP, sequins

Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Well I would like to pop right over and share some popcorn with you! This is adorable! All the black with the "pop" of red is fabulous! Love it!

Amy O said...

So cute and so fun! I love the gray background, and I'm thinking this card would be perfect today for my Star Wars fanatic husband and kids. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Stampingcountry said...

That is so stinkin' adorable! Love everything about it!

Claire said...

This is amazing Karren!

Jen Brum said...

Karren, this card is amazing! Wow! Such a great movie themed card! I love it!!! Love the hint of colour on the popcorn box! Such a fun card! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Kim S said...

LOVE your collage of fun movie items!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Hoooo baby. This is one terrific card! Your arrangement of movie images is spot on and absolutely fabulous!

Scrappy Géri said...

I juste Love your card Karren!!! It is gorgeous!!!

Claire Broadwater said...

THis card just "POPS" out in the gallery, My Friend! I LOVE IT! Popcorn is my favorite snack and especially movie popcorn! Your card made me smile! HAPPY NEW YEAR~ XX

Cindy Hall said...

This card is amazing! The stacking/layering and use of space couldn't be better, and the smidgen of color in the popcorn and bucket are perfect with the remainder being crisp with black and white. This is a perfect card in every way!!!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love this! Those images are just the coolest and ones I've never seen before. As always you are so creative and clever. Hope you and your family had a wonderful festive season!

Jen Timko said...

This is just such a great card! The neutrals, that awesome grouping...fabulous!