Tuesday 30 December 2014

Make a Wish

I had to have a second attempt at the challenge at Just Us Girls this week.  This time I combined it with the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch and came up with this card:



I started with a white top-folding card base and stuck a strip of gray striped washi tape directly onto the base.  I then cut the two top layers, die-cutting the scalloped layer.  The sentiment was embossed with Melon Mambo embossing powder, which is a bit darker than I would have liked, but I didn't have a light pink powder and the old Versamark and dye ink trick didn't give a good result, so Melon Mambo it was.  Note to self:  buy some more embossing powders :)

The top layers are popped up with foam tape.  Some pink and clear sequins finish off the card.

Thanks for visiting.





Products used:

Stamps:  Make a Wish (Mama Elephant)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  White
Accessories:  Washi tape, Melon Mambo embossing powder, sequins, Large Scallops die (SU)

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout-out at CAS(E) This Sketch.



9 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Super FUN!!

Ina G said...

FABULOUS card Karren. Thanks for joining us 2nd time round for our Photo Challenge.

Hannelie said...

I LOVE how you used negative space here Karren. It adds so much dimension! Perfect pop of pink!
Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this sketch!

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful card!

Nancy said...

Love that you joined us again Karren! This is a wonderful CAS design! We sure do appreciate you at Just Us Girls! Have a great day!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is very pretty! I love the bit of washi tape peeking out!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card Karren. Love the striped paper behind the scallop border. The sequins look wonderful. Happy New Year.

Leigh Penner said...

This is lovely! I love the placement of your sequins! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Chrissy Larson said...

Love this! I just love how you added such great dimension to the sketch.