Monday 8 September 2014

Fresh Flowers


Hi.  This is a card I made on the weekend, trying to watercolor images yet again!  This one came out a bit better but I still need lots of practice.  For this card I used the latest Viva la Verve sketch and the colors from ColourQ.



I white-embossed my Clearly Besotted image then colored with Strawberry Slush and Lucky Limeade ink, using water and a paintbrush.  Once that was dry, I did a very pale wash of Bermuda Bay in the background.

I didn't want to detract from the central image by using patterned paper for the next layer, so I did another watercolor wash, this time using Lucky Limeade, then die-cut using a stitched mat die.  Here's a close up:








Thanks for visiting.

Products used:

Stamps:  Fresh Flowers (Clearly Besotted), Poppy Birthday (Verve)
Ink:  Strawberry Slush, Lucky Limeade, Bermuda Bay, Versamark, Night of Navy
Cardstock:  Night of Navy, watercolor
Accessories:  White EP, enamel dots, twine, rhinestones, Lil Inkers Stitched Mats die, Nestabilities die, SU Banner Framelits

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at ColourQ.

2 comments:

Patrice said...

Karren you say you need more practice but honestly this is stunning - one of my favourite cards of yours. With all this water colouring I'd say you're a pro now :) The colours look divine and I love the little enamel dots to finish.

Claire said...

I think you've watercoloured this perfectly Karren - no more practise required lol! The washed backgrounds perfect for it! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!