Tuesday 1 July 2014

White Snowflakes

Hi and welcome to another Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge!  This week, Kristie has challenged us to make a white on white card.  So elegant!



And here's my card:



I'm very nearly SUO with this card!  The snowflake stamps and dies are from Festive Flurries and the sentiment is from Wishing You.

I white-embossed the snowflakes then, after die-cutting them, I painted them with Perfect Pearls to give a lovely shimmer.  The circle is die-cut from the card base then I layered the lattice die-cut behind it.  The sentiment is embossed with Pewter EP and cut out with a flag die.  You can get some idea of the shimmer in this next photo.



Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out my team-mates' white-on-white creations and we hope you have a go at this challenge.

Products used:

Stamps:  Festive Flurries, Wishing You (SU)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  Whisper White
Accessories:  White EP, Pewter EP, Lattice die, Festive Flurries dies, Stitched Mats Circle die, Spellbinders circle die, Banner die (SU), Perfect Pearls, Basic Pearls

Cheers
Karren


12 comments:

Ingrid said...

I absolutely LOVE your card! The lattice is so pretty. Definitely going to have to try that. Thanks so much for sharing your inspiring work.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Very pretty Karren with the lattice in the background and the pearl on the snowflakes looks fantastic!

Marie Bingaman said...

I agree, this is a beauty! Love, LOVE the shimmery snowflakes! :)

Wendy said...

What a beauty, Karren! Love all the shimmer and the lattice background! Beautiful!!! :)

Kristie Goulet said...

Love all the shimmer on those snowflakes and the beautiful lattice background! Stunning! Have a great week!

wienerhoneymooners said...

I just may have to pin this card and case it for a card club event, THAT gorgeous!!! The lattice die gives it such a flair!!!! LOVE IT!

It has been my pleasure to work with you extremely talented and wonderfully inspiring ladies during my feature month!!!! Thanks so much for having me!

HUGS Karren!!!

AB. said...

Wow - just beautiful! Love the shimmery white on white. :)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

EEK! Karen, this is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!

Deanne :)

Katie Melhus said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Karren - of course!!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Karren, I love pattern of the circle and your snowflakes are so pretty.

LeAnne said...

WOW, this is gorgeous...a shimmery spectacular snowflakey creation!!!

Bonnie said...

This is so elegant, Karren! I love the window with the lattice behind it and the shine of the snowflakes! I hope you've had a great week!