Saturday 28 June 2014

HB2U

Hi and welcome!  Ever have one of those crafting days where everything you produce is just "meh"?  Well, I had one of those days today.  I made four cards and two of them will never see the light of day and the other two are just okay.  I'm posting one here now and I'll put the other one up tomorrow.

So, after that auspicious introduction, I suppose I'd better post the picture of my card!



For this card, I used the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch (flipped) and the colors from ColourQ.  It's my son's 12th birthday next week and he is obsessed with his iPhone, so I couldn't resist this new set from Clearly Besotted.  Unfortunately the matching dies are out of stock so I had to cut the iPhone by hand and didn't even attempt to cut the earbuds!  The iPhone is popped up on dimensionals.

The Blush Blossom color is so pale, it's really hard to see but I stamped three smiley faces above the HB2U - two in Blush Blossom and one in Bashful Blue.  The iPhone and earbuds were stamped in Versafine Onyx Black because it gives such beautiful ink coverage.

I feel there's something missing from this card, but I don't know what.  As it's for a boy, I can't bling it up, so it'll stay plain.

Thanks for visiting.




Products used:

Stamps:  Text Me (Clearly Besotted)
Ink:  Bashful Blue, Blush Blossom, Island Indigo, Real Red, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  Whisper White

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout-out at ColourQ!

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

What a fun and trendy card, Karren, love all the white space and the fun images! So glad you played with us at the colourQ this week.

Claire said...

I reckon you should be more than happy with this card - far too hard on yourself! Perfect for a 12 year old. Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fabulous! Great take on the sketch!