Thursday 1 May 2014

Knit One

First things first - a message to my mother:  Mum, DO NOT read this blog post as it contains a photo of your Mother's Day card.  Step away from the computer :)  

Now back to business.

It's time for my favorite challenge - Freshly Made Sketches.  This week it's my sketch!



In case you haven't realised, this week I've made a Mother's Day card for my mother ;)



My mother is a knitter and when I saw this Impression Obsession stamp called Knit, it was a pretty easy decision to buy it.  I love how realistic it looks!  I combined that stamp with some stamps and dies from Verve called Lean on Me as well as some leaves from Clearly Besotted.  This card is an equal opportunity card!

I colored the flowers with copics and painted them with Wink of Stella.  I then stamped the leaves with Old Olive ink before fussy-cutting them.  I layered these onto a partial circle in Early Espresso.  I kept the sentiment panel nice and simple so that the sentiment stands out.  A few candy dots finishes off the card.

The inside uses a sentiment from SU's Wonderful Mother set:



Thanks for looking.  Head on over and check out the inspiration from the talented design team.  I really hope you give my sketch a go.

Products used:

Stamps:  Lean On Me (Verve), Happy Phrases (Verve), Leafy Accents (Clearly Besotted), Knit (Impression Obsession), Wonderful Mother (SU)
Ink:  Early Espresso, Old Olive, Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Early Espresso, Whisper White, Xpress-it
Accessories:  Pointy Flowers die (Verve), Copics, Wink of Stella, Circle Nestabilities, Brights Candy Dots

Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

That is a fabulous background - especially for a knitter! My mother used to knit all the time! Your flowers are beautiful with it!

Jen Mitchell said...

I think you Mum will have no trouble loving this card! That knit background is fabulous - it looks 3D!

Cindy Lovell said...

I thought that was paper...the background looks awesome! I need this one...my Mom is a knitter as well! Your Mom will love this card for sure!! Fantastic card,Karren!!

Linda Kunsman said...

a really lovely, warm card Karren-love that knit stamp!

Claire said...

What a great background stamp - I'm sure your Mum will love it.

Cindy Hall said...

I can't quit staring at your card! It's so hard to believe that the background was stamped. Yes, it looks very real! Great card for Mum, both inside and out.

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Really love your sketch this week! Is the stamp you are referring to the background stamp?? THAT is amazing!!! Your mother is going to love it. :)

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card Karren! I sure love those flowers! They are so cheery! I sure hope your mum listened to you!!! She is definitely going to love this card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

You're mum is going to love this card Karren! The DSP you've used is perfect for her and I just love the cluster of pretty flowers you've used!

Rita W said...

Fabulous card for your mom, Karren! I love that background! It looks like DSP!

Joni Andaya said...

Oh...so love those flowers :)

Bonnie said...

Wow, this is so realistic! Perfect for a knitter! I hope your mother heeded your warning. She was probably so excited, she just had to get a sneak peek!