Thursday 15 May 2014

Hello Baby

It's Freshly Made Sketch Challenge day and this week our hostess is the very talented Amy.  She has come up with a fabulous sketch.  Check it out!


Isn't this a fun sketch?  I decided I wanted to make DSP the feature of my card, which is unusual because I very rarely think to use DSP at all!


As part of my unpacking, I found this old specialty DSP called Parisian Breeze.  It's beautifully textured with subtle patterns and has Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake and Chocolate Chip as its feature colors.  Gorgeous!

I thought these colors lent themselves to a baby boy card, so I put two stamp sets together to come up with the sentiment.  

Thanks for looking.  Don't forget to check out what the rest of the design team have done with Amy's sketch.  I hope you'll find time to join in.

Products used:

Stamps:  The Big, the Bold and the Happy (Winnie & Walter), Happy Hello (Verve)
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Baja Breeze Textured, Parisian Breeze DSP
Accessories:  Circle Nestabilities, Twitterpated Button, White Baker's Twine, Banner Framelits

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Cindy Lovell said...

Fabulous card,Karren!!! The papers and colors are awesome! Love the little stitching holes around the edge!!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the simple plaids....love the colors! Perfect for a little guy!

Amy O said...

Adorable! I love how the paper piercing on the card base complements the stitching on the stamped image. This is such clean and simple perfection.

LeAnne said...

OMGoodness, this was some of my most FAVorite DSP! Love the color and the feel of that texture! Awesome creation with it!

Jen Mitchell said...

You have saved me with this beauty! I still have some of that DSP (one of my ALL-TIME FAVES!) and I need some baby cards so your design is perfect! I hope I have good luck with the paper-piercing-hole-lining-up thing!

Scrappy Géri said...

What a wonderful card! Once more you hae done wonders and that paper is awesome! Love the Colors :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

These colours do work well for a baby card - I'm getting to the end of this pack and am sad to use the last of it :(

Rita W said...

Love, love, LOVE! I truly love every detail. Fantastic card!

Jen Brum said...

Great card Karren! I love that DSP and love how it look against the crumb cake background!! So pretty! Perfect for a baby boy! Love the paper piercing as well!