Thursday 19 September 2013

The Owl and the Pussycat

The challenge this week at Paper Players is to make a CAS card for kids.  I combined that with the inspiration challenge at Stampin' Royalty to come up with this quick card.



I stuck to the colors in the inspiration photo and the Owl and the Pussycat covers off the kids part.  This is another really old stamp from Imagina Clarity in the UK.  I used one of their images for a Christmas card here.

This time I kept my coloring to a minimum using just a touch of color in each of the characters.  The main image was back with some Basic Gray cardstock then some dyed Daffodil Delight seam binding was tied around before being stuck to the card base using dimensionals.

This card uses the same layout as yesterday's card, but I really love this layout for CAS cards and have been using it a bit lately.




Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  Imagina Clarity (UK)
Cardstock:  Basic Gray; Whisper White
Ink:  Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories:  Copic markers; Seam Binding Ribbon

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

I just LOVE this....what a sweet nursery rhyme and image, and the colors are perfect for the inspiration as well as our CAS challenge! Sweet, sweet, sweet! Thanks for playing with the challenge this week!

Jaydee said...

Oh.. the owl and the pussycat... so perfect for kiddie cards. I love the colors, too and that beautiful bow is the perfect finishing touch.
So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee