Tuesday 17 September 2013

Long, Tall Christmas Card

This week's inspiration at Merry Monday is this gorgeous looking photo:



Use Red, Dark Brown, Vanilla and Champagne/Gold with some shimmer.

And this is what I did with the challenge:



While this card looks really, really long, it's actually just 8.25" long and 3.5" wide.  I made the card size to fit my images which were gold-embossed onto Very Vanilla then colored using markers.  The horn was colored using Champagne Shimmer paint and a paintbrush which ended up more grey looking than champagne but c'est la vie.

The Cherry Cobbler layers were dry-embossed using the Finial Press EF, just to give a bit of texture to the card.  Adding to the texture is the gorgeous Cherry Cobbler Quilted Satin Ribbon which I've run down both sides of the card, using Sticky Strip.  Here's a close-up of the texture:



Thanks for looking.  I urge you to check out the rest of the Design Team's cards and hopefully all the wonderful submissions we'll receive over the days to come.

Products used:

Stamps:  Occasional Quotes (SU); Stampendous image stamps
Cardstock:  Very Vanilla; Cherry Cobbler
Ink:  Versamark; Early Espresso
Accessories:  Cherry Cobbler Satin Quilted Ribbon; Gold EP; Finial Press EF; Cherry Cobbler; Sahara Sand markers; Champagne Shimmer Paint; square nesties

11 comments:

JoAnn said...

Love your Long, Tall, Christmas card. It is very pretty. I like how you added the ribbon on both sides of the images.

Bonnie said...

I love long, tall cards and this is a beauty! That envelope punch board could come in handy for this I think!

Loll said...

Hi Karren. Love the shape of your card and how you've stacked the small images - great layout and design. Especially love the way you've run the quilted ribbon down each side ... adds lots of texture and is so pretty! Loll xx

Karen Davis said...

I love your tall elegant card Karren. The stamped images are so gorgeous, and I love the textured ribbon you have run down each side.

Wendy said...

I too love the long, tall card and all the images you used! Colored so beautifully and I love the idea of running the ribbon down the sides! Have a great week, Karren! :)

Colleen said...

OMG, I love that size...I would never have thought of it, but it works perfectly for what you had in mind...I like the squares and the sentiment in the center! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lesley said...

Love the long card, Karren. Great way to use the squares too.

LeAnne said...

What a fun card--a great way to use those little images!

Notes by Nina said...

Your card is fabulous Karren, the longer shape is perfect for displaying the pretty images and sentiment.

Margaret Moody said...

What a lovely card, Karren! I love your gold embossed images! Nice job of adding color to them too!

Susan Joyce said...

Sweet design Karren, loving the long card and the pretty ribbon and gold embossing.