Saturday 6 April 2013

Little Girl's Birthday Card

It's my niece's third birthday party tomorrow so I thought I'd better get a card made for her.  Roisin (pronounced Ro-sheen) is a wee character and the youngest of my nieces and nephews.  I used the colors from this week's challenge at Create with Connie & Mary and the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  I'm also going to use this for this month's Creative Crew challenge to use the 2011-13 In Colors with the challenge being to use our least favorite.  My least favorite is hands-down Wisteria Wonder, but Calypso Coral is a color I like but struggle to make work, so I'm choosing that.

Speaking of the Creative Crew at Splitcoaststampers, I've been invited to join the Crew for the May-August period, which is pretty awesome!  Keep an eye out on 1st May for my first challenge cards.

And after all that waffle, here's my card:


This card is pretty self-explanatory.  It's 5" square.  I punched three circles out of the challenge colors and stuck them together.  On top of the Island Indigo circle, I adhered a die-cut "3" which I then colored used Dazzling Details.  As a rare treat, I even decorated the inside of the card as well using stamps from Create a Cupcake!


Thanks for looking.


Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Create a Cupcake
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Island Indigo; Calypso Coral; Real Red
Ink:  Island Indigo; Calypso Coral; Real Red
Accessories:  1 3/8" circle punch; Timeless Type Sizzlets; Calypso Coral Bakers Twine; Dazzling Details; Create a Cupcake Punch

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

A delightful birthday card for your niece! The twine is a prefect accent! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Deb said...

This is perfectly done! I love the three circles and the glittered number! What a super way to use the challenge colors! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Well how cute is this card - inside and out!! The glitter #3 is a perfect accent and the addition of the twine at the top is a perfect balance to the design. Love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Linda Suarez said...

Cute birthday card for a little girl! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Nicole Tugrul said...

This is such a cute birthday card! I love how the layout on the inside matches the outside, great idea! Thanks so much for joining the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Cute way to display the 3 colors the way you did on a clean & simple card! Thanks for playing CCMC this week!

Mary Brown said...

CAS PERFECTION!!!! I love how you used the colors on there and that sparkly 3 is ADORABLE!!! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Melissa Davies said...

A fabulously simple card that is so easily duplicatable! Love the added sparkle on the number, too! Thanks for playing along in the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

Love this CAS card with this inside finished off, too! Perfectly easy to personalize with the birthday number, too! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!