Thursday 7 February 2013

CCMC238 Color Challenge

Hi, it's color challenge week over at Create with Connie & Mary.  Check out these gorgeous colors from the 2011-13 In Color Collection.


For my card, I used the Hearts a Flutter set and matching framelits to make a banner card.  Now, this idea is far from original as I've seen plenty of gorgeous cards made using this layout.


I stamped the flag banner in Island Indigo and Calypso Coral ink and the rounded banner in Lucky Limeade ink.  I adhered a piece of Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine across the card and used dimensionals to stick the banners in place.

Check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the design team and give these trendy colors a go!  

Before I go, I want to remind you that the Spring Edition 2013 at Create with Connie & Mary is currently underway and it's not too late to join.  Take my word for it, there are some stunningly gorgeous projects featuring products from the Spring and Sale-a-Bration catalogs.  The added bonus is that each project comes with very detailed downloadable instructions.  

Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Made for You; Hearts a Flutter
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Lucky Limeade; Calypso Coral
Ink:  Island Indigo; Calypso Coral; Lucky Limeade
Accessories:  Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine; Basic Pearls; Hearts a Flutter Framelits; Itty Bitty Shapes Punch

Cheers
Karren


7 comments:

Deb said...

Love the use of the banners! I haven't used them that much and this is really inspiring me to use them! Love how you kept it simple!

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog. Love this card! I am just loving the banners lately!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Your banners look awesome Karen! Adorable card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I struggled with these colours Karren, but you've made them look soooo easy! Great idea to use the banners to combine the colours on your gorgeous clean card!

Lisa Martz said...

Love it! What a fun way to show off those banners!

Melissa Davies said...

The banners paired with these colors are perfect for any occasion! Love it!

Connie Babbert said...

Love the banners...so much fun in these colors! Thanks so much for being on the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge Team!