Saturday 24 November 2012

Christmas Gift

This week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches is a goodie - very versatile.  My final card was not how I imagined it would be but I'm happy with it anyway.


My original intention was to put another layer on top of the white panel then wrap the tulle around the center, but when I started playing with the tulle, it looked like gift wrapping so I decided to leave it as it is.  The candy canes are from the Scentsational Season set and matching framelits - my first time using them after having them for nearly 2 months.  Thought I'd better use them before Christmas is over for another year LOL.

All the specks on the card base are not stray bits of embossing powder - I sprayed the base with shimmer spray so it's all sparkly IRL.


Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Scentsational Season; More Merry Messages
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Cherry Cobbler
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler; Versamark
Accessories:  Holiday Collection Framelits; Cherry Cobbler Tulle Ribbon; White EP; Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This was chosen as a Perfect Princess card.

5 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Lovely! Good on you for using the candy canes before Christmas!! :)

Shannon J said...

What a beautiful, CRISP, and clean card! Just a delight :)

Cindy Hall said...

I love how you used the sketch and the way that you tied the paper like a present! Very clever. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Suarez said...

Very pretty Karren! Love the tulle ribbon! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Darnell said...

This is an extraordinary card, Karren! Well-deserved Princess badge for you from FMS!!