Friday 9 November 2012

Autumn in Spring

Here in the Southern Hemisphere it's the middle of spring, but recent weather would make one think we're in Autumn again!  Here's a card I made for several challenges - the color challenge at Create with Connie & Mary; the Elegant Autumn challenge at SUO Challenges; and the Paper Players Challenge to give thanks.


Jen Timko's gorgeous DT card on the SUO Challenges blog inspired me to use French Foliage for my card.  I used Crumb Cake for my card base and stamped layer and Midnight Muse between the two.  I stamped the script and splatter images onto both the card base and stamped layer on the left hand sides.  Using my stamp-a-majig I stamped the leaf image in Cajun Craze alternated with More Mustard.  For the cut out leaves, I stamped in More Mustard then edged with my Cajun Craze marker.  The sentiment was stamped in Midnight Muse.



Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  French Foliage; Made for You
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake; Midnight Muse
Ink:  Cajun Craze; More Mustard; Midnight Muse; Crumb Cake
Accessories:  Midnight Muse ribbon; Cajun Craze marker

Cheers
Karren




10 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

Gorgeous simplicity!!! Love the elegance of the fall look to your card! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Deb said...

This is simply beautiful! I love the leaves cascading down the side and the touches of the Midnight Muse! So simple and so pretty! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Ann Schach said...

Clean and perfect! I love the simple elegance! Thanks for playing with The Pper Players!

Lisa Martz said...

What a fun fall card! I love they way you positioned the leaves down the side of the card and then have the words and splotches down the other side. Great masculine card! The Crumb Cake really makes the colors pop. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

Cindy said...

So elegant in its simplicity, this card is a stunner! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges this week!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful! I love the little hanging leaves as embellishment. Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

Jen Timko said...

Isn't this stamp set the best for "elegant fall"??!! I love this use of the leaves and the pop of color from the ribbon! Glad to see you this week at SUO Challenges!

Anonymous said...

So simple and so beautiful! I love French Foliage. You really did a lovely job! Thanks for playing along with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

Oh how simple and elegant! I just love how colors simply pop when put on a simple background! Thanks so much for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Monika Davis said...

I love French Foliage and Crumb Cake - can't live without that. Great job on combining all of those challenges. I'm so glad you joined ours at Create with Connie & Mary.
Monika Davis