Monday 22 October 2012

Haunting

Here is my card for this week's Dynamic Duos color challenge, which was to use Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black.  I had fun with this card.  I was playing around with using the acrylic block as a stamp and decided to use Pumpkin Pie as my color of choice.  Once I'd colored onto the block using a marker, I spritzed the block with Champagne shimmer mist then stamped onto some Very Vanilla cardstock.  So it's nice and sparkly IRL.

Once that dried for a few minutes I ran over it with my Haunting wheel inked in Basic Black ink.  I colored over each little trick or treater using Basic Black marker to sharpen the image.



Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock:  Basic Black; Pumpkin Pie; Very Vanilla
Ink:  Basic Black
Accessories:  Haunting Jumbo Wheel; Pumpkin Pie & Basic Black markers; Champagne shimmer mist; 1 1/4" circle punch; 1 3/8" circle punch

Cheers
Karren

Edited to add:  This card was chosen as a Dynamic Darling over at Dynamic Duos this week.


7 comments:

Allisa said...

Great card, love your background. I will have to try adding the shimmer mist instead of just water when stamping with my blocks! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

Vicki Fraser said...

Wicked card Karren! love it.

Susan Joyce said...

Oooooooooo Eeeeeeeeeeee! Ha Ha Love your little row of witches and goblins. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

Aimee Cretsinger said...

What a great scene!! I am going to have to try that technique!! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a cool card, Karren! I love the technique you used to create the background. I can't wait to try it out. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

Patrice said...

Great card...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/10/52-card-pickup-week-43.html

Smithkaren1940@gmail.com said...

Great card. Is the stamping wheel issued by stampin up? I can’t find it anywhere. Any ideas where I could find it,


Smithkaren1940@gmail.com