Friday 7 September 2012

The Old Oak Tree...

I'm showing my age here, but the title of my post has me singing... Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree... and now I can't get it out of my head!

This card is for this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and the challenge at Paper Players.

I haven't looked at the entries for the Paper Players challenge but I'd hazard a guess that I'm not the only one to use Lovely as a Tree for this challenge LOL.


I stamped the oak tree onto watercolor paper and colored with markers and blender pen.  I cut out the image using my circle nesties.  The card base was embossed using the Woodgrain EF, then I used the retired Spiral punch to add a little somethin' somethin' down the left side.  The twill is long retired Old Olive Polytwill ribbon.



Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated):

Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree
Cardstock:  Old Olive; Basic Black; Watercolor Paper; First Edition DSP
Ink:  Black Stazon
Accessories:  Old Olive; Always Artichoke; Early Espresso; Going Grey markers; blender pen; Circle Nestabilities; Woodgrain EF; Old Olive Polytwill Ribbon

Edited to Add:  This card was chosen as a Cut Above card this week at Paper Players and also for a Perfect Princess Award at Freshly Made Sketches.  Yay!

Cheers
Karren


7 comments:

LeAnne said...

LOL, I am showing my age too because I totally remember that song too! I LOVE that you chose a non-fallish shade for your beautiful tree! It stood right out in the gallery....just wonderful! Thanks for playing at the Paper Players this week!

Jenny Engelke said...

What a beautiful job you've done coloring the tree and the woodgrain ebossing folder goes perfect with the theme of this card. Wonderful all the way around!

Jen Timko said...

Well, I know the song too! LOL! Beautiful card. That tree really is lovely here. Glad to see you this week at FMS!

Amy White said...

What a lovely card! Love how you've used the woodgrain embossing in the background, and the notebook edge looks fab! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Jen Mitchell said...

I have fond memories of watching Tony Orlando and Dawn!! I love your gorgeous color scheme for this card. The First Edition DSP makes such a wonderful background for your ribbon and pretty tree! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Sannes said...

So very pretty! I love your use of the Woodgrain embossing folder and the tree is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

Tui Nathan said...

Beautiful card .... love the woodgrain and fab colour scheme!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!