Saturday, 17 June 2017

Watercolored Poppy

Welcome!  I'm trying to complete all the challenges at Camp Create, so I'll apologise in advance because there are going to be a few posts from me over the next couple of days :)

This card is for the first day - Wonderful Watercolor.


Watercolor is not my forte, so I did as little actual watercoloring as possible, instead creating a smooshed background, with a small watercolored image.

I smooshed some Broken China Distress Ink onto a panel of white cardstock and set it aside to dry.  I then "tried" to watercolor a poppy and leaves.  Once the smooshed panel was dry, I stamped the sentiment and added some craft foam behind it before adhering it to a white card base.  The poppy and leaves were added last and I very carefully added some Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen to the centre of the poppy, but a tiny little bit escaped and made the black ink run :(



I'm also adding this card to Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge and their Watercolour Challenge.




Products used:

Stamps:  Delicate Pretty Poppies (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid (MFT), Broken China Distress Ink
Cardtock:  White, Bristol Smooth
Dies:  Delicate Pretty Poppies (MFT)
Accessories:  Akashiya Sai Watercolor Brush Pens, Zigs

Cheers
Karren

6 comments:

Cara said...

I love your smooshed background, the perfect shade of blue x

Karen Davis said...

I love the watercolour smooshing :) The contrast of the soft background with the crisp flower is so perfect. Happy creating!!

Jen Timko said...

Insanely fabulous!

sandie said...

well I think you did a great job with the water colouring. I love how subtle the blue is and then the explosion of the red of the flower-I always like contrast like this and so pleased toy joined us at HLS

Kelly Szafron said...

Very pretty card, I love the smooshed background. Thank you for sharing your card at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.

Barb Ghig said...

Your smooshed background is perfect with this stunning red poppy, Karren! I love that you created a CAS design, too...it's so pretty and sure to make your recipient feel better!