Saturday 12 December 2015

Merry and Bright

Hi!  This is the first card I've made for fun in two weeks :(  But I finally got some time to myself in the craft room and after I'd made my cards for DT commitments for the week, I got to play.  And I made a card for a few challenges out there:  CAS(E) This Sketch, Just Add Ink, CASology and Virginia's View.


I started with a white card base and out of that I die-cut the Frames die and then inlaid the thin frame which I'd cut from Audrey Blue cardstock.  Unfortunately, that plan went out the window when I accidentally ripped the blue frame - after it was stuck down in parts!  So I had to lay another frame over the top and it worked - thank goodness.  The tree was stamped and colored with aqua colored Copic markers and I tried for a silver-colored base and star using Copics.  It was then coated in clear Wink of Stella.

I stamped the sentiment onto the cardbase and over the blue frame using my Misti and then when I was about to stick the tree down, I thought something was missing, so I die-cut some Circle Loops out of silver glimmer paper to put behind the tree.  It almost looks like a silver thread nest :)


Thanks for visiting.  I'm hoping to get some more time to stamp tomorrow!




JAI #292-Inspiration

Products used:

Stamps:  Jingle All the Way, Hand Lettered Holiday (MFT)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Silver Glimmer, Audrey Blue
Dies:  Circle Loops, Frames (SSS)
Accessories:  Copics, Wink of Stella

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Just Add InkCAS(E) This Sketch and CASology.

17 comments:

Hannelie said...

Karren this is one BEAUTIFUL card! That silver circle element just make this card so special!
At this stage I feel like sitting back and just admire other's work, 'cause my mojo left me... must have stayed behind in SA!
Hugs and thanks for joining Casology and CTS!

Jen Timko said...

Oh my goodness, I love this! That silver behind your awesome tree really makes it a wow!

Marika said...

Beautiful!

Jan said...

Oh this is gorgeous Karen! I love your inlaid frame and the silver circles behind your adorable tree are a stunning effect! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Nikki Spencer said...

This is just gorgeous Karren, love that tree and the silver circles are the perfect sparkle. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Jan Clothier said...

Really beautiful! The glimmer circles are a wonderful addition.

Patrice said...

Such a lovely card, Karren. Your copic coloured tree is a really pretty blue/teal, and I love the silver sparkle the circles add. Glad you got to make a 'fun' card, especially at this time of the year. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

Rosemary said...

oh how sweet!!!

Aileen said...

Wow very eye catching. Love the colours you used and those silver loops, brilliant.

Judy1223 said...

Oh, how sparkly and lovely! Perfect for all of the challenges, too! So glad you joined us at CASology!

Celeste Goff said...

I love this card!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet! I love your wonderful take on the sketch!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oooohhh I love this and the glittery swirls behind the tree - I think I need this die instead of me using silver twine that bugs the life out of me to try and get it to not look messy!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I just LOVE this card. It's so crisp and clean - love the turquoise framing the top panel, that wonderful swirl of silver and that crisp sentiment. Fantastic!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Nice save! And I love the circle loops behind the tree. They are so sparkly and look perfect there!

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful take on the sketch--I especially love the glittery rings behind your tree!

Cindy Hall said...

Super sweet card! The "oops" turned out great. I think this is probably even better than the inlaid would have been for this card. Congrats on your honorable mention!