Sunday 1 November 2015

Scribble Roses

Hi!  Before I talk about my card, I've just got to say woot woot!  This morning, our time, New Zealand again won the Rugby World Cup played in England!  Commiserations to my Australian friends whose team came second, but it's a proud day for New Zealand today (and I don't even follow rugby!)

Further details on a public celebration of the All Blacks' win are expected on Sunday.

Now, onto my card which is a week late to my blog due to what is a pretty funny story!  I made this card last weekend using the sketch at MFT Stamps and the colors from Card Concept (Clean and Layered).  After stamping the rose base in Twirling Tutu ink, I went looking for my rose overlay dies.  But I couldn't find them!  I'm usually pretty good at putting things away so I couldn't understand why I couldn't find them.  Until I realized that I had bought them, but I hadn't received them yet!  They were still winging their way from the US and finally arrived on Thursday this week - after the sketch challenge had closed!



I started with a cream card base and added a panel stamped with Sheet Music Background tone-on-tone before die-cutting with a pierced rectangle die.  The flowers I described above and I also cut some brown leaves.  The sentiment comes from The Whole Herd and I did a bit of stamp surgery before using it.  It is white-embossed on Schoolhouse Red cardstock which was also die-cut with a pierced die.  Two pierced cream circles behind the flowers finishes the card.

I'm also entering this into the dies/punches challenge at Sweet Stamping as pretty much every piece of card was die-cut :) and Seize the Birthday Anything Goes challenge (my second entry).



Thanks for visiting.


Photobucket


Products used:

Stamps:  Scribble Roses, Sheet Music Background, The Whole Herd (MFT)
Ink:  Early Espresso (SU), Twirling Tutu, Schoolhouse Red (SSS), Versamark
Cardstock:  Cream, Early Espresso, Schoolhouse Red
Dies:  Pierced Circle Stax, Pierced Fishtail Flag Stax, Layered Leaves, Blueprints 24, Blueprints 21, Roses Overlay die (MFT)
Accessories:  White EP

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Seize the Birthday and Card Concept.


16 comments:

Greta said...

Beautiful card, Karren! I almost bought those rose dies myself!

Lyn said...

Yay to the All Blacks win :) and your card is nothing short of stunning <3

Michelle said...

An Australia/New Zealand final is the perfect outcome. I'm happy to cheer for NZ and Australia at the same time. :-) Your card is gorgeous, Karren. Beautiful colours, beautiful design.

Jen Mitchell said...

Haha! I'm not sure that has ever happened to me before! Although I do think that I've gone looking for things that I know I had and forgot that I sold on eBay! It may be late for the challenge but it's beautiful just the same. :) I got some similar floral dies from EH recently so I think you have inspired me to give them a try!

Sue said...

Fabulous card ! And thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin’ huggles Sue DT xx

Anni said...

What a beauty! LOVE everything about your card! The colors go perfectly together and the die cuts are so gorgeous!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
Anni

Anita in France said...

How beautiful, Karren ... those wonderful pink roses are just gorgeous against that chocolatey musical background ... so lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at Seize the Birthday! Anita - Surprise Party Guest :)

Kerin said...

Wow fabulous roses!! I love the leaves and layout also. Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! I love those flowers and you used the color combo so beautifully! Thank you for playing along with us over at The Card Concept!!

Jodene said...

Beautiful card Karren, and I love that bold cluster of flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

OttawaMom said...

Very pretty card! Love those blooms and fabulous leaves. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

LauraJane:) said...

Thanks for playing @The Card Concept:) I really like those scribble bloom dies!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Ok you guys have the best rugby team ever - well played NZ! Now on to your card - I adore everything about it!

Chris said...

Stunning card, lovely design love the roses...glad you hadn't lost your die :)
Thank you for playing along with our challenge at Sweet Stampin’ this week.
Chris
x

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful flowers! And oh that rugby is one tough sport! Congrats to the home team!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and those scribble roses. I have those also but haven't used them yet. Thanks for the inspiration.