Sunday 19 April 2015

That Elephant...

Hi and welcome!  This week I received an order of much-"needed" crafty supplies and included in the order was the super-cute Unforgettable set by WPlus9.  Who doesn't love those adorable wee elephants?  So, of course, I had to ink them up and get out the Copics to make a card using them.



I used the current sketch from Deconstructed Sketches, the colors from ColourQ and the inspiration pic from Card Concept (my card is Clean and Layered).

I stamped and colored this adorable little elephant and his party hat before cutting them with the matching dies.  For the background, I stamped a Graph Background stamp onto white cardstock using Fog ink for a soft graphic background.  Lots of stitched dies were also put to good use as well as some of the pieces from my new Blueprints die sets.




I hope it's okay with the ColourQ ladies, but I went with Smoke instead of Basic Gray to create a softer looking card.


Deconstructed Sketch 197



Thanks for visiting.

Products used:

Stamps:  Unforgettable (WP9), Graph Background (Hero Arts)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Fog (SSS)
Cardstock:  Smoke, Doll Pink (SSS), White 
Accessories: Copics, Unforgettable dies (WP9), Blueprints 8 & 22 (MFT), Enamel Dot, Lil' Inkers Stitched Squares and Circles

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout-out at The Card Concept.

12 comments:

Marika said...

Oh Karren, I've been drooling of that stamp set since it was released. So so adorable... great minds think a like, I was about to use both of those challenges as well with the same colours as you did in a card that I made last night. Such a cute card! Love it!

Ela said...

That's so cute, and I love the soft shading.
Hugs
Ela

SonjaK said...

So cute! Love the colors and your soft coloring is beautiful.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Karren this is so cute and gorgeous.
I'm trying to resist buying this little elephant but he's all over blogland!
Love how you've used him and your colouring is fabulous.
Sarah

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!

Elizabeth S. said...

This is super adorable and love your take on the sketch and how you used the elephant....so cute!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh this is just adorable!! Thanks so much for joining us at ColourQ!

Julie Gearinger said...

Oh, this image is too cute!! Love your coloring along with the use of the sketch and stitched dies :-) Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept!

Bonnie said...

This is the cutest elephant!

laurie said...

Adorable card. I love the elephant, he's the cutest! Thanks for playing along at The Card Concept!

Jen Shults said...

This is SUPER adorable! I love that little elephant and you did a fabulous job with the coloring! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

Kristie Goulet said...

So cute! I just love these elephants! Awesome coloring. Thank you so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept!