Monday 24 November 2014

Triangle Birthday

Hi and welcome.  Today's card came to me pretty quickly, which is unusual.  I saw the sketch at Just Add Ink and wanted to play along because I love this style of sketch and hadn't played there for quite some time.  I also loved the colours at ColourMe.  To top it off, I'm linking up to Seize the Birthday.  My card doesn't feature the optional topping of leaves, but I figured it had autumn colours and that helps :)



With the exception of the sentiment, this card is SUO - something I haven't done in a long time!  I started out with a piece of Very Vanilla and randomly sponged Soft Suede, Early Espresso and Cajun Craze over the panel, making sure to overlap the colors.  I then flicked water onto the panel before running it through the Big Shot with the Tiny Triangles embossing folder.

I cut the panel into three sections and layered them onto another piece of Very Vanilla.  The centre panel is popped up on foam tape to add a bit more interest.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp and was stamped in Soft Suede and also run through with the same embossing folder.  And that's it!

Thanks for visiting.




Products used:

Stamps:  Friendship Messages (SSS)
Ink:  Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze
Cardstock:  Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Tiny Triangles Embossing Folder

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got top honours at Colour Me and Just Add Ink.


17 comments:

Sherrie M. said...

What a fabulous background full of color and texture. Nicely done Karren. Thanks so much for playing along at Colour Me....! this week and hope to see you in the gallery again soon.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card Karren. Love the distressed background and those colors!

Greta said...

I totally love this card, Karren! Pinning it!

Patrice said...

Wow Karren your background sponging looks terrific - love the mix of colours. Great card and I too am pinning it :)

SonjaK said...

Such a beautiful graphic card, Karren. Love it!

OH Babs said...

This is a great card with many ways to use it. I for one will CASE it and teach it in one of my classes. I love the layout too. This technique is new to me so thanks for sharing.

Neets B said...

Those background panels are stunning, those colours blend together beautifully, and the card is wonderfully put together. Thanks for sharing at Colour Me...!

Anita x (Guest Designer)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your card this week Karren; your panel blends this week's colours beautifully and the added embossed texture and the water droplets add further interest. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us over at Colour Me...! this week.

Marika said...

Love this card. The panel is very lovely - simple but still a lot of interest when looked at close and those colours are perfect for this type of card.

Bonnie said...

Very pretty! Love these colors!

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, I love the technique you used with the water droplets on the sponging! WOW! Super card! Thank you for joining us at Colour Me...! this week! XX

KimB said...

All this inky work created a wonderful detailed background Karren. Love the added texture you added with the embossing. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Christine Blain said...

Love the colours, love the splatters, love the embossing, love the bold sentiment! Great card, Karren! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week. :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

I didn't notice the embossing when I first looked, but it gives your panels that extra bit of oomph! Love how you've combined these challenges - you've rocked them both!

Kim S said...

Gorgeous colors - and what a great look on the embossed background!

Toni said...

Congrats on the win! Well deserved for sure

Sharnee Torrents said...

Dear Karren, this card is sooo super cool!!! Love everything about it!
Such a well deserved Win at JAI!! Congrat's to you!!
SMiles SHarnee :)