Thursday 3 July 2014

Cotton Candy Clematis

Today is Freshly Made Sketch Challenge Day and that means another sketch for you to try!  This week, Cindy Lovell has given us a gorgeous sketch.  If you're not familiar with Cindy's work, you need to check out her blog - she has an amazing talent and style.





I think I'm actually missing a layer behind the circle but by the time I realised, my card was all stuck down and there was nothing I could do.  

I cut an open circle using Coastal Cabana cardstock, then I stamped several images from a new-to-me set from SSS called Summer Garden.  After coloring them with Copics, I cut them using the matching dies.  The sentiment is from another new set called Friendship Messages and was stamped in CTMH Cotton Candy ink as that was the closest match to my clematis (at least I think that's a clematis!)



Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out my talented team-mates and give this fun and trendy sketch a go yourself!

Products used:

Stamps:  Friendship Messages, Summer Garden (SSS)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, CTMH Cotton Candy
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Xpress-it, Coastal Cabana, Smoky Slate
Accessories:  Summer Garden dies, Stitched Mats Circles (Lil Inkers), MFT Fishtail Flags dies, Corner Chomper, Kelly Purkey sequins, Basic Rhinestones

Cheers
Karren

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful flowers and I love just the outline of the circle! Your coloring is top notch!

Jen Mitchell said...

Beautiful! I love the flowers in these bright colors.

Jen Brum said...

Such a pretty card Karren! I just love those flowers! What great colouring! Love how bright and cheery it is! I think the the card is perfect without another layer!!!

Amy O said...

Beautiful card, Karren! I love the open circle -- very clever way to use the sketch, and the colors and flowers work perfectly together.

Cindy Lovell said...

Perfect card,Karren!! Love the circle and the beautiful flowers...pretty colors!!! Beautiful job!!!

Jen Timko said...

Sooo awesome! Love the colors on this and your circle element is the perfect use of the sketch.