Thursday 22 May 2014

Leafy Hello

And here we are on Freshly Made Sketch Challenge Day!  This week we have the privilege of having Jen Mitchell as our hostess.  Jen, who is smart and funny, also makes the most fabulous cards!

Her sketch this week is open to all sorts of interpretation as you can see by the design team cards.



I took a fairly liberal approach with my card this week and also chose my color combo from the Color Coach - Soft Suede, Old Olive and Crushed Curry.



I used a die cut from Simon Says Stamp for the bottom panel and a Paper Smooches die cut for the top panel.  The 'hello' is triple stacked and painted with Wink of Stella.  I stamped a leaf stamp from PTI's Harvest Berries set to add some more interest.  A few black sequins finished off the card.



You can go in many directions with this sketch - so give it a go!  We'd love to see your card in the gallery.

Thanks for visiting.

Products used:

Stamps:  Harvest Berries (PTI)
Ink:  Old Olive
Cardstock:  Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Whisper White, Basic Black
Accessories:  Avery Elle Simply Said Hello die, SSS Mod Window die, Harvest Berries die, black sequins, Wink of Stella

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Oh you rocked this sketch Miss K! Love the black diecut! Beautifully done!

Lesley said...

What a perfectly happy "hello"! Love the leafy branch!

Amy O said...

That die cut is perfect for this sketch! And I love the bright, cheery "hello". Fabulous card!

Cindy Lovell said...

WOW Karren!! I adore this card!! The yellow really pops here and i love the black diecut!! Beautiful job!!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Ooh, I love this! The dramatic colors, the leafy branch, the stacked hello...Perfect!

Jen Timko said...

I completely love this version of the sketch. The script is perfect!!!

Rita W said...

LOL As I was looking at your card I was just staring at that vine wondering how you cut that out! I see it's a die. Whew! It's such a great take on the sketch. I love the cheery yellow hello!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

OK, I LOVE that you used dies for the sketch elements!!! I cannot wait to try that sometime! Lovely inside to match! :)

Cindy Hall said...

I LOVE how you used the diecut "Hello" for one of the panels! This is so fresh and contemporary... I LOVE IT! Love the lattice diecut, too!

Jen Brum said...

Super fun card Karren! I love your take on the sketch! Such a great diecut panel you've used! Looks so fabulous! Love it!