Tuesday 22 April 2014

Wordy Tree

It's Merry Monday time and this week Susan has challenged us to use a Christmas word and decorate each letter.


Well this proved to be a tough challenge for me, and after looking through all my available stamps, I ended up at the eleventh hour searching through the Silhouette Online Store to find something remotely suitable and came up with this:


This file was cut from Basic Black cardstock and painted with Wink of Stella for a bit of shimmer.  Now, stupidly, I packed away all my gold and silver glimmer paper, so my only option was to silver emboss some cardstock and cut a couple of thin panels and a star cut from the Holiday Collections framelits - my only available star!  Here's a closer look at the shimmer of that fantastic Wink of Stella pen.



Hope you enjoy the different and wonderful interpretations of the design team and challenge yourself to give it a go!

Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories:  Silver EP, Silhouette cut file, Silhouette Cameo, Holiday Collection framelit, Wink of Stella

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Your card turned out beautifully Karren! Love the added shimmer!

Deanne :)

Wendy said...

Your card is fantastic, Karren! Love the font of your diecut and the added sparkle! Such a neat design too! Have a wonderful week! :)

Lori Turner said...

I think you did a rockin' job, Karren! I love, love, love this die! And it's the perfect CAS card - done! WTG!

Bonnie said...

This is AWESOME, Karren! I just had to come see how you did this! I LOVE it!

Katie Melhus said...

Wordy tree-riffic! Love that you used black for this, it's so elegant!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Wow, Karren!! Your card is SENSATIONAL - adore it!!

Jen Timko said...

I think this tree is simply amazing! Perfect use of it, too…striking with the black and that bit of sparkle!

Narelle Farrugia said...

You've aced this challenge Karren and now have me me wanting this machine even more. Totally love the elegance of the colours you've used. You don't even need all of your crafting supplies - you do fabulously without them!

Karen Davis said...

OHHH! A fabulous Silhouette cut Karren, so perfect for the challenge. Such a versatile machine.

Greta said...

Elegant & beautiful!

Margaret Moody said...

Stunning! Love the black paired with silver accents!