Sunday 30 March 2014

Inlaid Birthday

It's Sunday night here and I finally had a chance to sit down and just create!  It's been a hectic few weeks with packing up the house and de-cluttering some of our accumulated schtuff.  I really didn't have the energy to make a card, but I went into my bare craft room and made this card for the ColourQ challenge:


I signed up for the latest Online Card Class (which was fantastic!) but didn't have time to put into practice anything I learned.  I was seeing my fellow FMS team-mates making gorgeous cards with the things we learned on the course and I really wanted to play along! 

Anyway, this card uses the inlaid die-cut technique and be warned - this is my first attempt so it's not perfect.  I'm a bit limited in my word dies but I just got the speech bubble dies and thought they would work well.  NB:  This card is in no way unique as I've seen the speech bubbles and overlaid words but it wasn't openly CASE'd off any card.  I painted the "birthday" with Wink of Stella pen to give it a lovely shimmer.

Naturally, when I wanted to use Apricot Appeal and Going Gray, I find I've already packed them away, so I had to use Crisp Cantaloupe and Smoky Slate instead.


Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  The Big, the Bold & the Happy (W&W), Wonderful Words:  Birthday (PTI)
Ink:  Smoky Slate
Cardstock:  Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral
Accessories:  Birthday die (PTI), Speech Bubble Framelits (SU), Wink of Stella pen, MME Enamel Dots

Cheers
Karren

3 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

This card is amazing - you've rocked the on-line class! Me - I've done nothing from it except watch one video!

Joni Andaya said...

Fabulous with the inlaid die-cutting. So Awesome!!!

LeAnne said...

I am sorry it has taken me so long to comment...I think this card is fabulous! I'd love to try that technique myself!