Sunday 19 January 2014

Starfruit Blooms

The colors at Fusion this week really appealed to me and to challenge myself I decided to add in the sketch as well.

I started my card by making the dotty base.  To make this I inked up the Dotted Background from SU in Versarmark then again in Smoky Slate before stamping it onto Whisper White and clear embossing it.  I then sponged Summer Starfruit ink all over the panel creating an emboss resist background.  The oval panel was stamped with images from Embroidered Blooms from PTI in Smoky Slate, Basic Gray and Summer Starfruit.   

The fleur de lis panel started out as a piece of First Edition DSP which I painted with Gesso.  Once it was dry, I sponged over a fleur de lis stencil with Basic Gray.  This was layered onto Basic Gray and some white baker's twine was wrapped around and tied.  The flowers were die cut before being stamped with Summer Starfruit stamped off then full strength.  A Basic Gray Candy Dot was put in the centre of each flower.



Thanks for looking.


Products used:

Stamps:  Embroidered Blooms (PTI), Dotted (SU)
Ink:  Summer Starfruit, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Versamark
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Basic Gray; First Edition DSP
Accessories:  Gesso, Elegant Trio Stencils (SU), White Baker's Twine, oval nesties, Neutrals Candy Dots

Edited to Add:  This card received an Honorable Mention at Fusion.

Cheers
Karren

13 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Karren, your background is as beautiful and the foreground! Such an elegant card!

Karen Davis said...

Karren this is another stunning Fusion card. I love the Fleur de lis and the gorgeous dot stamped background, another fabulous technique.

Patrice said...

What a clever background. Terrific card - you seem to be on a roll lately - loving all your creations.

Scrappy Géri said...

Wow I love your card! I love everything about it :) and particularly thé color combo :) x Geri

Narelle Farrugia said...

Wow - this is just beautiful! I love how you've re-worked your First Edition DSP - you've given it a whole new look. You know I'm a lover of flowers and leaves and these ones are just stunning!

Christine Blain said...

FABULOUS!! I love everything about this card, Karren. The emboss-resist background you created is awesome.

Geri said...

Ooooo...striking design, Karren! Love what you did with the sketch, and the layers of stamped/cut flowers make for a lovely embellishment! Super pretty! We sure appreciate you playing along with us at FUSION! Do come back!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

I am continued to be so impressed by the talent I am seeing, your card is in the tops and I am basking in the joy of the beauty!!!
Thanksfor adding this to the FUSION card gallery !!!!!!

Laura Davis said...

This is beautiful!
Laura

SmilynStef said...

Lovin' that resist background ... such a pretty card ... so glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

So very beautiful! I love the Fleur de lis! Thanks for playing at Fusion!

Michelle Lupton said...

Love your card - especially those flowers and leaves! Well done for making a fusion of both the photo and the sketch - thanks for playing along with us at Fusion!

Darnell said...

Your designs always rock, Karren! Love that dottiness and the whole card is fab! Congratulations on the Fusion HM honor!! Hugs, Darnell