Saturday 25 January 2014

Dotty Day

Today's card is my homework for Day 1 of the Online Card Class on Stencils.  But instead of using my newly-bought stencils, I ended up cutting my own with my Silhouette.  Oh, the irony!

I used the colors from Stampin' Royalty's challenge and the sketch from Nacho Average Challenges - both challenges I haven't played along with for a while.




The Silhouette file was one I bought from the online library and I think it is called Random Dots.  I just cut it out of some cardstock, although I do note that Silhouette have just introduced stencil material, which is pretty cool.

I sponged over the stencil in Tangerine Tango, Pool Party and Pear Pizzazz.  I then stamped the sentiment from Avery Elle in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I wasn't going to put any sequins on there, but I sort of splodged the 'y' in 'day' so I had to try and cover it up LOL.



I layered that onto Sahara Sand then onto the card base.  And continuing with my resolution of finishing the insides of my cards when I make them, I did some simple stencilling on the inside as well.



Thanks for looking.





Products used:

Stamps:  Oh Happy Day (Avery Elle)
Ink:  Tangerine Tango, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Sahara Sand
Accessories:  Kelly Purkey Sequins, Silhouette 

Edited to Add:  This card was a top pick at Stampin' Royalty and at Nacho Average Challenges.

Cheers
Karren

18 comments:

Julia said...

Lovely card, Karren! I like how you continued the stenciled pattern on the inside as well! :)

Loll said...

Fabulous card Karren!! I cut my own stencil with my Silhouette as well. Thanks for letting me know they are now carrying stencil material for cutting - will have to check that out, although it might take a little while for it to make it's way up to Canada. Loll xx

Kathya said...

What an amazing card Karen! The different colored dots look great! I too like how you decorated the inside of your card. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges, hope you will join us again.

Joni Andaya said...

Oh...Karren this is FABULOUS...love the of colors inside and out :)

Bonnie said...

I see I'm going to be wishing for a Silhouette! This is perfect, Karren! Wonderful colors and technique!

Greta said...

I wish I'd signed up for that class--need to use the stencils I have. Your card is delightful & I like the sequins on it!

Susan Joyce said...

Looks great Karren I joined up too and need to give the techniques a go. Can't wait to see what's next.

Meg said...

This is such a bright happy card - I love the idea of cutting your own with the silhouette - I haven't done my homework yet, but that was going to be my idea too!

Leslie Miller said...

I love anything dotty! Pretty colors you chose for this sweet and simple card!

Diane said...

What a fun happy colorful birthday card Karren.

Hugs diane

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Love the dots! This is a great card! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos today!

Rose said...

Cute card and great sponging technique.

Scrappy Géri said...

Ohhh I love this very clean card and I might lift it Karren :)

Christy Lynn said...

Love the polka dots and how the colors blend nicely through the stenciling, great job! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos this week!

Anne Hayward said...

Beautiful clean and simple card! Love the colors.

Yapha Mason said...

This is fabulous! I love those dots! Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges!

Shans Design Studio said...

So Cute! Great use of both challenges. :) Glad to see you back! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos and hope to see you again soon.

Unknown said...

I love this! Simple and clean. I've cut quite a few stencils with my silhouette and I use them all the time!