Sunday 22 December 2013

Admit One

I'm now on my Christmas break and don't have to go back to work until January 3rd - yahoo!  So what's a girl to do but stamp?  

I made a card that is a bit of a departure from my usual style - it's glittery and colorful!



This card is for the sketch challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments and the Friday Mashup challenge.  I mashed it up this week and used both the colors (Gumball Green, Bermuda Bay, Real Red and Crumb Cake) as well as blinging it up.  Here's a close-up of the bling:



The Crumb Cake card base was scored using my diagonal scoring plate then dots of Dazzling Details were added at each scored intersection.  The stamps come from the Free Spirits set by Paper Smooches and the inside of the glass was painted with Dazzling Details as well.




Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  Free Spirits (Paper Smooches)
Ink:  Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Gumball Green, Real Red
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Thoroughly Modern DSP, Brights DSP Stack
Accessories:  Free Spirits dies, Dazzling Details, Ticket Duo Punch, Simply Scored

Edited to Add:  This card was an Artist Pick at Hand Stamped Sentiments and a Glamette Award at Friday Mashup.

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Greta said...

Love this bright, beautiful card! The bling on the scored background is awesome!

Christine Blain said...

Fabulous! Love how bright and funky this card is Karren. Merry Christmas to you and your boys. Enjoy your break. xx

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous! Love those cool funky colours - you've made them work! Enjoy your time off - I go off on 4 weeks of hols the day you return to work. I'm going to live in my craft room!!! Have a wonderful Xmas!xxx

Avery Murphy said...

Your card is fantastic! I love the dazzling details in the stamped image and on the intersections of your scoring. I think you pulled off all three challenges perfectly! Thank you for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

brrenwick said...

What a fun, colorful and happy card! I makes me want to book a trip to a warm, sunny island! Great take on our sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

inkypinkies said...

How fun this card is!!! I love the glittery drink. It looks SOOOoooOO refreshing after a long Christmas rush. Thanks so much for playing at HSS! Erika

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Cute!!! Love the bright color combo!!! Love the texture of the background!!! Dazzling detales makes the perfect accent!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

Lisa said...

What a fabulous card, you did a fantastic job of mashing up the challenge!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Krista said...

Super cute! Great take on the sketch and I'm glad you went with glitter....fabulous!! Thanks for playing at HSS!