Saturday 20 July 2013

Ampersand Day

Today's card is a hybrid card, using elements from MDS as well as traditional card-making and my Silhouette.

As soon as the Ampersand kit was released in MDS, I had to have it.  I love ampersands and the patterns and colors in the kit are gorgeous.

I combined the sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches with the color challenge at Just Add Ink to come up with this card:



I used the technique Pam Morgan showed on the live streaming of the opening session at Convention to use my Alphabet Press EF as a stamp and I really like the effect.  Of course I had to watch it well after the fact as it was live right in the middle of my work day.

The Coastal Cabana layer is DSP printed from MDS.  The main layer is a combination of MDS and text cut out on my Silhouette.  The flag was also printed from MDS and it's hard to see in the photo but the background of the flag is another ampersand DSP.



Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Cardstock:  Very Vanilla; Coastal Cabana; Baked Brown Sugar
Ink:  Baked Brown Sugar
Accessories:  MDS; Silhouette Cameo; Corner Rounder; Alphabet Press EF; Neutrals Button; Baker's Twine

Edited to Add:  This card was chosen for the Queen of Clean Award at Freshly Made Sketches and the winner at Just Add Ink this week.

Cheers
Karren 

15 comments:

Christine Blain said...

This is VERY cool, Karren! Love the 'grungy' look of the letterpress layer (Pam's presentation was awesome, wasn't it?!), and you've used the colours beautifully together. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a great graphic card! Love the color combo too! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love all the MDS features. Fantastic card!

Nikki Spencer said...

Great card Karren! Love all the layers and the use of the embossing folder and bold lettering...very cool!
Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Michal Mac said...

Oh sooo cool! The embossing and layering is gorgeous! I love this:)

Linda Suarez said...

I love the graphic look of this card Karren! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Paula Dobson said...

Oh my goodness! I saw this MDS kit and wasn't impressed - but I am now!! Wow, I love how you have done this card! The layers all work beautifully and I love the button embellishment too. Thanks for playing at JAI Karren ♥

Narelle Farrugia said...

Karren this is absolutely gorgeous! I don't know this DSP, but love how you've showcased the MDS products and used the challenge colours! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink and for playing along with my sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Anonymous said...

Love it Karren. I love all the bold letters and such a great layout. Chantell JAI

KimB said...

This is pretty darn awesome Karren! All the graphic elements are striking and I love the mix of your MDS and stamped elements. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Nancy said...

Over the top fantastic....congrats on your win at Freshly Made!!!!

Darnell said...

Fantastic card, Karren! So well-deserving of the WIN at FMS! Congratulations!!

Gisela said...

Congratulations!! Great card.

Jodene said...

I just adore this card Karren, it's gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :)

Katie Melhus said...

I love me a good ampersand, too! This is a lovely card, nice work!