Sunday 16 June 2013

Bright Hello

I haven't really been feeling like stamping for the last couple of weeks but I just got my brand new Silhouette Cameo the other day so thought I'd put some bits and pieces I'd cut out onto a card.

I used the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and I warn you - this is a major departure from my normal style and I'm pretty ambivalent about the finished card.  So put your sunglasses on and check this out:



These were practice pieces so I chose a piece of cardstock I wouldn't regret destroying (Crushed Curry), not realising I'd actually use the cut pieces on a card!  I cut a pattern that came with the Silhouette and used both the positive and negative pieces on this card.  The "Hello" was the result of playing around with fonts and welding.  There is such a learning curve to this machine that I really need to take a week off work to learn what it can do.  I think that it might even be able to make coffee LOL.

The Hello was adhered to a piece of Basic Black that had been run through the Big Shot with the Fancy Fan EF.

I wasn't sure how to do the smaller panel in the sketch so I decide the designer builder brads mimicked the curved pattern in the background enough to not look too out of place.

Thanks for looking.


Products used:

Cardstock:  Basic Black; Crushed Curry Textured; Neutrals DSP
Accessories:  Silhouette Cameo; Designer Builder Brads; Fancy Fan EF

3 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is such a striking colour combo Karren! Love the effect you've created with your Silhouette and the designer brad just finishes it off! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Mitchell said...

Bright and bold for sure Karren! But I love the intricate pattern you created. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Bright graphic design! Very striking!