Sunday 21 October 2012

Indigo Starfruit Muse

I love the color combo at Fab Friday.  These colors go so well together, but I have to admit I struggled a bit with how to put them together until I decided to go with an embossed and sponged card.


The main panel evolved after a series of trials and tribulations.  My original intention was to individually color the circles using the challenge colors.  But that didn't give me a clear, consistent impression, so I decided to white emboss and sponge over the top with the challenge colors.  Once that was done, I thought the edges looked blank so I clear embossed over the top.  Finally I stamped one of the images from Clockworks over the top of all of that, using Midnight Muse.  Here's a closer view of the main layer:


I used last week's sketch at Friday Mashup for the layout.  The sentiment is from Grunge Rock and I scored around the banner.

I think this will make a good birthday card for my oldest son, who will be 15 in December.


Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):

Stamps:  Grunge Rock; Clockworks; Wow (Penny Black)
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Island Indigo
Ink:  Midnight Muse; Island Indigo; Summer Starfruit; Versarmark
Accessories:  White EP; Clear EP; sponges; Simply Scored

Cheers
Karren 





5 comments:

Kim S said...

The colors and technique are great on the first picture, then I saw the extra depth on the second picture - fantastic!!

Pam Steckman said...

I love the colors sponged together (I also sponged on my card). I really like the embossing as well! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at Fab Friday.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

I have been admiring this card as I peruse galleries and blogs-I tried to come up with a card for this color challenge, but nothing compared to yours; wonderful card!

Christine Blain said...

LOVE this!!!

Amanda Mertz said...

Great technique to use with these colors! I really like how you combined the clear and white embossing powders. I also like the scoring on the banner! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!