Saturday 14 July 2012

Gettin' Fruity

I haven't been able to play along with Hand Stamped Sentiments for some weeks now so made some time this morning to make a card for their latest challenge which is "Fruity".  Now that was a challenge!  I hunted through my stamp sets and could only find one fruity set - Tart & Tangy.  I combined this challenge with the latest sketch challenge at Clean & Simple Stamping and came up with one of my quickest, simplest cards ever:


I used the white on white layering approach, which I love but rarely remember to use.  The strawberries were colored with markers then stamped using a Stamp-a-ma-jig.  I wanted a plain font for my sentiment so dug around until I found A Little Birthday Cheer.



Thanks for looking.

Edited to add:  This was chosen as a top pick this week over at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  Thanks!

Products Used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Tart & Tangy; A Little Birthday Cheer
Cardstock:  Whisper White
Ink:  Basic Black
Accessories:  Poppy Parade and Old Olive markers; dimensionals


9 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Such a cute card, Karren - I love it! I'm not game to do 'white on white', for fear of smudging ink, LOL.

Kathyk said...

And a "berry" lovely card it is too!

Kathyk

Bobbie said...

Love love love this! I'm such a sucker for a CAS card. So happy you played with us again at HSS.

Teresa Zuehls said...

Lovely card! Love the strawberries. Perfect for a summer birthday. TFS

Anonymous said...

Simple but stunning card! Love how you colored the images. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Erika Clark said...

This is so pretty and simple! I LOVE tone on tone layering, it's always so classy. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Erika

Krista said...

I love the clean and simple look...perfect choice of stamp! So glad you camp me back to join us at HSS.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

You have been selected as a Hand Stamped Sentiments Artist Pick for your design this week! You have earned the HSS Artist Pick Badge to display on your blog.
Email us to obtain the html code for your badge.

Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week!

Come play again!

Genny
HSS Design Team

Anonymous said...

Love your card - clean and simple .... and delicious!

Gill x