Saturday 19 May 2012

Tulips

The inspiration photo at Stampin' Royalty is gorgeous.  Look at this:
I interpreted the picture literally and dragged out an oldie but a goodie from Stampin' Up! - Terrific Tulips.  I combined that with the sketch at Stamping 411

and came up with this card:


This is such a Spring-y card and even though it's the middle of Autumn where I am, I can dream, right?  I flipped the sketch as the tulips looked better on the left but other than that, it's pretty true to the sketch.

Edited to add:  This card was picked by Stampin' Royalty this week as a top pick.  Thanks so much!

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Terrific Tulips; French Filigree; Warmest Regards
Cardstock:  Old Olive; Calypso Coral; Whisper White
Ink:  Old Olive; Calypso Coral; Daffodil Delight
Accessories:  Calypso Coral Ribbon

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Love this card Karen!! The colors coordinate so well. Thank you for sharing. Gloria

Visit my blog. I would love more followers.
http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Oops!! Sorry Karren. I spelled your name incorrectly above. Gloria

Selene Kempton said...

Oh wow!! I think this was the very first set I owned by stampin up! What a blast from the past! Thank you so much for playing along with stamping 411 this week and sharing your talents with us.

Tammy Fite said...

Oh, I miss this set!! Such a pretty card!! Thanks for joining us at Stamping 411!

TrishG said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!!!!! Love the tulips and great job with the sketch!

gbarron56 said...

Karren -- I love those tulips! I wish I had that stamp set -- so beautiful and such a great way to use this week's sketch -- thanks for playing along at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

What a blast from the past. Love the colors and everything about this. Thanks for sharing.