Wednesday 25 April 2012

Stamping 411 - Love and Care

I don't normally get a chance to stamp mid-week, but today is a holiday as it is ANZAC Day here in New Zealand.  Today is the day we remember the servicemen who played a part in the Gallipoli campaign of 1915 as well as all other wars our troops have been sent to.

I decided to spend some of my day off stamping (of course LOL).  I made a card for this week's Stamping 411 sketch challenge.  Here is the sketch I worked with:


I decided I wanted to do some emboss resist and chose Pear Pizzazz as my starter color.  From there, I used the Color Coach to decide on the color combo of Pear Pizzazz; Cajun Craze and More Mustard.  As Love and Care was already on my desk, I used that.  After embossing and sponging, I splattered some water on the cardstock to give it a bit more interest.  I found some old Earth Elements buttons to embellish the card.

Onto the card:


Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Love and Care
Cardstock:  Pear Pizzazz; Cajun Craze; More Mustard; Whisper White
Ink:  Pear Pizzazz; Basic Black
Accessories:  Cajun Craze; Pear Pizzazz; More Mustard markers; bakers twine; buttons; sponge

Edited to Add:  This card was chosen as one of the operators Top Picks - how cool!

Cheers
Karren

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I just love the emboss resist on your card and the colour combination you have choosen. Fabulous card!

Selene Kempton said...

So totally gorgeous! I love the emboss resist technique.

Patti Chesky said...

Ooooooohhhhhh! I am loving the emboss resist!!!! What a gorgeous card!