Wednesday 25 April 2012

Paper Players Sketch Challenge 92

This is my third post of the day!  It's great to get a day to stamp - especially in the middle of the week!

This is my submission for the Paper Players sketch challenge this week:


I started with the Beau Chateau paper which I've had all catalog year but hadn't used.  From there I chose the colors and the card naturally progressed to more of a masculine card, hence the sentiment.  Not sure if the crochet trim is exactly masculine, but I needed to cover the top of the scallop piece.

Here's the sketch, which I really like:


I ran the DSP through the Big Shot with the Finial Press folder, then sanded the embossed areas.  After that I gently sponged Crumb Cake ink over the embossing to "age" the paper.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Well-Scripted
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake; Marina Mist; Early Espresso; Old Olive
Ink:  Early Espresso; Crumb Cake
Accessories:  Finial Press EF; Little Leaves Sizzlet; Tasteful Trim die; Scallop border punch; Tags die; Wide Oval Punch; Crochet Trim

Cheers
Karren

4 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

Love the embossed DSP and the "aging" you added to the paper. Those leaves are such a nice pop of color! Thank you for playing along with my sketch at The Paper Players!

Ann Schach said...

Very, very pretty! I love the embossed DSP and touch of lace! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Jenn Picard said...

Fantastic job with the sketch! Love the embossed DSP and how you sanded it to create a more vintage appearance. Those added leaves really stand out and are such a great added touch. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players.

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty, Karen! Love how the embossing adds so much beautiful detail to the DSP and the color combo is really pretty. I like the soft detail the crochet trim adds, too. Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)