Sunday 8 April 2012

One Card, Three Challenges

This card is a threefer - it was made for Create With Connie & Mary #196; which was a sketch challenge
 Pals Paper Arts #132, which was a color challenge
 and SUO Challenges #42, which was to make a Congratulations card.  Here is my card:


This is probably the first time I've used Chocolate Chip since Early Espresso made its debut.  Prior to that Chocolate Chip was my favorite color!  I'm sorry I can't say the same for Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery - they've never been favorites so this was a real challenge for me!

After I cut the flowers, I sprayed them with Stampin' Mist and scrunched them up.  Then I layered them and used a brad to stick them together.  I then sponged all the edges with Pretty in Pink ink.  I also sponged the leaves with Certainly Celery ink to make them stand out a bit more.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Something to Celebrate
Ink:  Chocolate Chip; Pretty in Pink; Certainly Celery
Cardstock:  Chocolate Chip; Pretty in Pink; Certainly Celery; Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Fun Flowers Big Shot Die; Adorning Accents Edgelits and Embossing Folder; Square Lattice Embossing Folder; Little Leaves Sizzlet; Boho Blossoms Punch; Circle Scissor; Very Vintage Jumbo Wheel; sponges; Neutrals 5/16 Brads

Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

This is a delightful card! Thanks so much for sharing it with the SUO Challenge Design Team!

Deb Hoekstra said...

Love the flower you created. So glad that you joined the SUO Challenges.

Deb said...

Very pretty card! I love how you put these colors together! And the scrunched flower is fantastic! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Linda Callahan said...

Great way to combine the challenges! Very pretty card!

Jen Timko said...

What a pretty, pretty card! I have been the same way with poor Chocolate Chip. Your use of the colors is fantastic. Gorgeous flower! Glad you joined us at SUO Challenges!

Mary Brown said...

What a beautiful dimensional flower! LOVE all the layers and textures you have in there! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

I agree with you...Pretty in Pink just is so "non-pretty!" LOVE the flower...great texture and details on it! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Debbie Henderson said...

Gorgeous flower on a gorgeous card! Thanks for playing CCMC this week!

Lisa Martz said...

Pretty flower...love all the crinkled layers that make it look so real. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Beautiful take on the sketch! I haven't tried the scrunchy technique with that flower die but now I must! Beautiful background stamping too! Thanks for joining us at CCMC!

Carrie Sampsel said...

Pretty flower and great take on the sketch!! Chocolate Chip was my favorite too until Early Espresso came along. Thanks for joining us this week over at Create with Connie and Mary.

Cindy said...

Love the way you incorporated the dies and embossing folder! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges!