Friday 6 April 2012

MDS - Custom Background Papers

Following the instructions in Jan's latest video posted for the MDS Club, I tried my hand at making my own background papers.  Being generally lazy, I started off with whatever was already up in the Resource Palette, which happened to be the grid papers I used on my last page.

I took the Basic Grey Grid paper and on top of that I placed multiples of the circle pattern stamp from Big Bold Birthday.  The first paper I kept in just Basic Grey and Basic Black for a monochromatic look:


Then I decided to copy and paste all the stamps and change the color to Taken With Teal, one of my favorites of the retired colors:


This was fun and there are unlimited possibilities for making your own DSP.  One thing I did find though is that if I had too many elements on a page, MDS couldn't handle it and I kept getting error messages.  I think I had made my grouped image too small and tried to copy and paste too many times.

Cheers
Karren



No comments: