Monday 9 April 2012

CAS Circle Circus

While I had out the colors from The Paper Players color challenge, I thought I'd play along with Sketch Frenzy Friday.


I stamped one of the images from Circle Circus on Certainly Celery; Pool Party and Not Quite Navy cardstock, which I then punched out with my 1" square punch.  I rounded opposite corners on each square.  I arranged these onto Whisper White cardstock, raising a couple of squares with dimensionals. 

Edited to add:  it wasn't until I was cleaning up my desk, that I realised I had pulled Night of Navy cardstock instead of Not Quite Navy.  Apologies to the Paper Players team!

Here are the challenge details:


Products used (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):

Stamps: Circle Circus; Petite Pairs
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Pool Party; Certainly Celery; Not Quite Navy
Ink:  Pool Party; Certainly Celery; Not Quite Navy
Accessories:  1" square punch; Border Punch

Cheers
Karren


8 comments:

Tammy said...

Very pretty--love how you softened it with the rounded corners! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

LeAnne said...

This is really cool...I saw that sketch and just could not figure out what to do with it! But you rocked it--very clever! Thanks so much for playing with my Paper Players colors twice this week!

Deb said...

I am loving the squares with the rounded corners! And the black really makes it all pop! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

Heather Cooper said...

Really like the shape you created by rounding two of the four corners of the squares. Very eye-catching design.

Julie said...

This is fabulous! I love the cool squares with the rounded corners. Great take on the sketch too!

Lesley said...

How pretty Karren, love the funky design! Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players.

Patrice Herrera said...

Nicely done! Wow I like how you rounded the corners PERFECT!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Frenzy Friday. I can't wait to see what you do with this weeks sketch?

Heidi said...

What a great CAS card...showcases the color combo beautifully. Using the dotted scallop ribbon border punch like you have done here is one of my favorite ways to use it! So glad you joined in the fun at The Paper Players!