Saturday 28 April 2012

Bordering on Romance v2.0

Here is the second card I made using Bordering on Romance today.  This card is for the sketch challenge over at Stamping 411.

This time I used another color combo from the Color Coach.  I wanted to use Island Indigo so chose to pair it with Lucky Limeade and Daffodil Delight.

Looking at the photo now, I'm not so sure about the spikey bits of the Lucky Limeade ribbon.  Maybe I'll cut them a bit shorter.


Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Bordering on Romance
Cardstock:  Island Indigo; Lucky Limeade; 2011-13 In Color DSP; Brights DSP; Watercolor Paper
Ink:  Black Stazon
Accessories:  Island Indigo; Lucky Limeade; Daffodil Delight markers; Daffodil Delight Satin Ribbon; Lucky Limeade Taffeta Ribbon

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Patrice said...

Your flowers look absolutely divine coloured in blue! Great card Karren.

Patti Chesky said...

What a gorgeous color combination!! I love the highlights and shadows you've created with your watercoloring!

Lisa Hensley said...

Love the colors and the watercoloring -- very pretty and striking!

Selene Kempton said...

Totally beautiful! i love your watercoloring technique and I'm psyched, this made the carryover list! :)
Thanks so much for playing along this week. :)

gbarron56 said...

Beautiful card, Karren -- the colors are stunning together! Thanks for playing along at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Shans Design Studio said...

Beautiful card! Great job with the colors and the coloring. Your flowers look Amazing!

Patti said...

Beautiful card. Great combo of colors.

Darnell said...

Just saw this, Karren, and I have to say I love it even more. I agree with you about shortening the ribbon. It takes away from your beautiful coloring on those flowers!

Christine Blain said...

Wow - what a dramatic, but delicious, colour combination! The good old Color Coach is a gem, isn't it? I agree about the ribbon - just shorten it a little, and it will be perfect :)