Saturday 28 April 2012

Bordering on Romance v1.0

I just love the main image in the set Bordering on Romance - so much so that I used it for two cards today! Here is the first card, which is for the color challenge over at Create with Connie & Mary and the sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.

I've said it before, but I really like circle elements on cards, so the stamped image was the first part to be completed.  After that, it took me a while to work out how to incorporate the Sahara Sand (although that is used to shade around the flowers, I thought it would be cheating if I left that as the only Sahara Sand LOL).  Finally I came up with the finished product and I'm quite happy with it.  I did make some faux brads using Sahara Sand 1/4" circle punches and Crystal Effects, but I was too impatient to wait for them to dry so I didn't follow the sketch faithfully.  Maybe the ribbon is enough of an element in that area.


Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Bordering on Romance
Cardstock:  Sahara Sand; Night of Navy; Peach Parfait; Just Add Cake DSP
Ink:  Black Stazon
Accessories:  Sahara Sand; Night of Navy; Peach Parfait; Always Artichoke; Early Espresso markers; circle cutter; Elegant Lines EF; Peach Parfait Ribbon

Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Vicki Fraser said...

Bordering on Romance is adorable, it's on my wish list :) Love your card.

Julie said...

Your flowers are colored beautifully!! Thanks so much for playing along with CCMC this week!

Jen Timko said...

How wonderful! I love your coloring on this...beautiful. Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Deb said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! Your coloring is exquisite! And I really like the effect that the embossing folder did to the dsp! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Lesley said...

Beautiful embossing on the pattern paper and your colouring is amazing Karren. Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Darnell said...

Really superb job on coloring those beautiful flowers!

Nance Leedy said...

I've not seen these stamp used in the Peach color before and it's beautiful! Great job shading with Sahara Sand and I love the embossed DSP. Thank you for joining us at CCMC!

Mary Brown said...

Oh my...your flower is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! The coloring...AMAZING! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Carrie Sampsel said...

Beautiful Card!! I just love those flowers and what a fabulous job coloring them. Thanks for joining us this week over at Create with Connie and Mary.

Debbie Henderson said...

Nice sanding technique and I hope we find out this stamp set stays for another year. Thanks for playing CCMC this week!

Lisa Martz said...

Very pretty. Those flowers look real! Great job! I agree with Debbie...hope this set stays! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Connie Babbert said...

Oh, so pretty...love the watercolored flowers and the sanding effect on the embossed panel! Thanks so much for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!